Top Five Reasons To Buy?
Amy Burke @ Florida Custom Marble
July 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
What are your top five reasons to buy from a Counterop Company? I am always listening for ways to improve a company. Please share what traits contribute to your decision in making a countertop (granite,marble,quartz,solid surface) company your choice?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
feeny
Well, to be honest, we chose our countertop company because it was the only one in town that carried enough soapstone for us to choose between different slabs. Other companies could order it, but didn't have multiple slabs available for us to look at in person and choose a veining pattern and tone we liked. Everyone had granite slabs, of course.
We also asked our contractor and architect whether they particularly recommended one fabricator over another or if they'd had bad experiences working with any.

So, in short:
1. Wide selection.
2. Reputation.
That's it.

Oh, and they let us take home a good sized sample chunk of soapstone and try scratching it and abusing it in any way we could imagine, then oiling it, waxing it, and generally seeing how it held up and what different finishes looked like. Very helpful.
July 31, 2012 at 5:39pm     
PRO
PoshHaus
1. Warranty/Service
2. Value
3. Quality Craftsmanship
4. Selection
5. Reputation

Also please no free stainless steel sinks that will be rusted and leaking after a short time! Within the industry a lot of granite shops will purchase a no-name stainless sink for $30-50 wholesale and "throw-it-in". Now if the typical granite installation is $6-15k the last thing you want is a low quality sink.
http://www.poshhaus.com/
July 31, 2012 at 6:25pm     
PRO
Reico Kitchen & Bath
I think reputation drives it all and will give you an indication of all of the things mentioned in the well made comments above.
August 1, 2012 at 5:38am     
PRO
Amy Burke @ Florida Custom Marble
Thank you all for the input! Here at Florida Custom Marble we have been in business for almost 40 years and our reputation is really good. We do not try and compete with the "Free Sink" stone shops rather we offer Great Service, Quality Products in the the proper amount of time to achieve such a result and at a competitive price but not the "Cheapest". We do not argue that another company knows what their product is worth. You really do get what you pay for. Thanks Again!
August 1, 2012 at 6:37am     
More Discussions
Hate the color of my walls
I have green granite, slate floors and the gray on...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Brick help!!
We would like to add on to our home, however, our local...
looking for pale green wine bottle pendant lights
Having a hard time getting the correct color pale...
Describe contemporary style in one (or two!) words
It's difficult pinpointing the era you live in. What...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™