Love the black door. But where do I stop?
Christine Bergeron
August 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
If wanting to paint the interior doors black do you have to paint all doors black? If not do you have to paint all the doors black on the same floor? What would be the guidelines for the other doors in the house? Thank you.
It depends on the size and layout of the house. If the black doors are in a wing of the house such as is shown above, you could change to white doors in other areas. Or if you have a pair of double doors and all the other doors are single door, you could paint the double doors black to make a statement. Same for an arched top door in a crowd of regular doors. It's different already so it cries out to be painted a different color.
3 Likes   August 3, 2012 at 9:23AM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
I'm of Carolyn's opinion , had they all been in different places then It be different ; but if you set up is something like this picture then certainly not .
0 Likes   August 3, 2012 at 2:17PM
Three Legged Pig Design
You could use a different color for a door if you would like to bring attention to a special space or function. For example, an entry door could have a different color door than the rest of the house or in the case of the photo above, the door at the end of the hall looks like an entry door (with a mat) could be black, while the rest of the doors could be a different color.
1 Like   August 3, 2012 at 5:13PM
We must not forget that what makes this photo so stunning is the repetition of black in the drum shades of the lighting fixtures and the glamorous sparkle of crystal and chrome.
2 Likes   August 3, 2012 at 5:17PM
karen paul interiors
There are the rules. There are the exceptions to the rules...and there are the exceptions to the exceptions. The single constant is, whatever you choose needs to make sense to the eye, without trying to figure out why. Just curious as to what you are contemplating with the black door(s).
0 Likes   August 3, 2012 at 10:53PM
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I agree there are no rules. I would however suggest you paint all the doors black with white trim just because it looks so pretty. You do have to unify a palette in the house, or make sure all the colors make sense with the black. Consider a classic black and white palette with color coming from rugs, art, and textiles. Hope that helps.
Charmean Neithart

0 Likes   August 4, 2012 at 3:49AM
Barb Partyka
Just wondering what finish for the black doors , semi gloss, pearl? I have no idea. I just love the looks of he black doors. We are building right now and our painter is starting soon please help!
0 Likes   September 26, 2012 at 9:57AM
snikalfritz
I would go matte or pearl but am very interested in other opinions. I want paint my doors black also. I have an open entry to the 2nd floor. I am planning on painting my entry door and all the doors on the 2nd floor black.
1 Like   October 9, 2012 at 11:39AM
colbyrobison
Does anyone know what type of hardwood floor is in that picture?
0 Likes   October 9, 2012 at 11:47AM
Kandice Shiell
Also do you paint both sides of the door black?
1 Like   October 16, 2012 at 8:10AM
Judy Bickford
Same question. Both sides black? Bedrooms will be very light in colour. They'll be 8 doors in total.
2 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 6:43AM
Door Stops
I would strongly recommend a set of modern door stops primary in a chrome or stainless steel finish. Door such as this one deserve to be preserve for the future, and by using our selection of products we can guarantee that your doors will be highly protected from most accidental damages.

Sincerely,
The Door Stop Team
0 Likes   September 17, 2014 at 7:58AM
staining windows, doors and trim? Where do you stop?
We have a very tuscan style house but the windows,...
hmubarak
Replace the doors? Where do we stop?
We are upgrading our floors to Travertine and I am...
cbhutchings
Farmhouse kitchen with open shelving: where do I stop the backsplash?!
Help!! We are mid-renovation and my farm sink/window...
putzyputnams
Whole house update?
My husband and I are considering purchasing a home...
elleannie
Kitchen Cabinets - Crown Molding- Yes or No?????
Well you guys have done an amazing job on my remodel....
klekas65
Need help for my living room
hi to every one i have 2 red sofas and a black...
kareine
Sauce Eggplant Chandelier Challenge.
I have made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil...
toatsmcgoats
How can I improve this staircase?
I have the weirdest staircase. The stairs leading up...
littlemy