Love the black door. But where do I stop?
Christine Bergeron
August 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
If wanting to paint the interior doors black do you have to paint all doors black? If not do you have to paint all the doors black on the same floor? What would be the guidelines for the other doors in the house? Thank you.
It depends on the size and layout of the house. If the black doors are in a wing of the house such as is shown above, you could change to white doors in other areas. Or if you have a pair of double doors and all the other doors are single door, you could paint the double doors black to make a statement. Same for an arched top door in a crowd of regular doors. It's different already so it cries out to be painted a different color.
August 3, 2012 at 9:23AM     
Vikrant Sharma Homez
I'm of Carolyn's opinion , had they all been in different places then It be different ; but if you set up is something like this picture then certainly not .
August 3, 2012 at 2:17PM   
Three Legged Pig Design
You could use a different color for a door if you would like to bring attention to a special space or function. For example, an entry door could have a different color door than the rest of the house or in the case of the photo above, the door at the end of the hall looks like an entry door (with a mat) could be black, while the rest of the doors could be a different color.
August 3, 2012 at 5:13PM     
We must not forget that what makes this photo so stunning is the repetition of black in the drum shades of the lighting fixtures and the glamorous sparkle of crystal and chrome.
August 3, 2012 at 5:17PM     
karen paul interiors
There are the rules. There are the exceptions to the rules...and there are the exceptions to the exceptions. The single constant is, whatever you choose needs to make sense to the eye, without trying to figure out why. Just curious as to what you are contemplating with the black door(s).
August 3, 2012 at 10:53PM   
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I agree there are no rules. I would however suggest you paint all the doors black with white trim just because it looks so pretty. You do have to unify a palette in the house, or make sure all the colors make sense with the black. Consider a classic black and white palette with color coming from rugs, art, and textiles. Hope that helps.
Charmean Neithart

August 4, 2012 at 3:49AM   
Barb Partyka
Just wondering what finish for the black doors , semi gloss, pearl? I have no idea. I just love the looks of he black doors. We are building right now and our painter is starting soon please help!
September 26, 2012 at 9:57AM   
snikalfritz
I would go matte or pearl but am very interested in other opinions. I want paint my doors black also. I have an open entry to the 2nd floor. I am planning on painting my entry door and all the doors on the 2nd floor black.
October 9, 2012 at 11:39AM     
colbyrobison
Does anyone know what type of hardwood floor is in that picture?
October 9, 2012 at 11:47AM   
Kandice Shiell
Also do you paint both sides of the door black?
October 16, 2012 at 8:10AM     
Judy Bickford
Same question. Both sides black? Bedrooms will be very light in colour. They'll be 8 doors in total.
December 27, 2012 at 6:43AM     
Door-Stops
I would strongly recommend a set of modern door stops primary in a chrome or stainless steel finish. Door such as this one deserve to be preserve for the future, and by using our selection of products we can guarantee that your doors will be highly protected from most accidental damages.

Sincerely,
The Door Stop Team
last Wednesday at 7:58AM   
Please help me with landscaping and curb appeal
Hi! We'd love to brighten up the exterior of our house....
Need help choosing a good neutral to go with these textures/colors.
Looking for a good neutral to to throughout our house....
Best Refrigerator?
Have you tried different types / brands of refrigerators?...
Searching for bedroom sconces for modern farmhouse
Hi, I am struggling to find cool sconces next to my...