This color combination is awesome. Can you suggest an accent color?
Presentations
August 9, 2012 in Photo Questions
I would like to use this color combination but am wondering if I should use an accent color with it. Any suggestions?
garnatmom
You can go with a variety of colors depending on how much of a statement you want it make, greens, and blues( so many shades to chose) look awesome with this combo, but for a real pop something in the orange family would look great...good luck.
August 9, 2012 at 8:26AM   
Beverly Bradshaw Interiors
The photo doesn't really show the true colors very well (even though it was done professionally) but the colors are gold/soft green/purple. The window treatments are a gold color the bedding soft green bedspread with purple/green/gold on the pillows and the area rug mainly purple/golds. The purple is really the pop of color just looks subdued in the photos.
August 9, 2012 at 8:34AM   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
That sounds beautiful, Beverly. Too bad about the photography not showing that aspect of the room :(
August 9, 2012 at 8:39AM   
garnatmom
I thought it was brown and gold
August 9, 2012 at 10:48AM   
Beverly Bradshaw Interiors
If you wanted brown and gold a great accent is turquoise/teal doing a remodel of my own master bedroom in those exact colors. Also like what was said above orange is another great combo and so many shades of green. Have fun!
August 9, 2012 at 11:25AM   
Vikrant Sharma Homez
If you want this bed to be a Show Stopper ? Then I'd suggest go for decorators white or some light shade .
August 9, 2012 at 12:38PM   
Lanie Brown, REALTOR®, Martha Turner Sotheby's
When I first saw the pic (not sure how true the colors are), I wanted to see emerald with it. What palette do you have in your master bath?
August 9, 2012 at 12:41PM   
Beverly Bradshaw Interiors
The same colors are carried into the master bath, lightened the wall color added an area rug that is lighter than the bedroom rug, but has the light purple in it and green (more softened chartreuse green in color - emerald might date it a little in my opinion), as well as a large silk plaid purple/green/cream roman window treatment above the soaking tub.
August 9, 2012 at 12:53PM   
It sounds to me like your accents are definitely the chartreuse or the purple. Both would be gorgeous, but I'd choose one.
August 9, 2012 at 1:14PM     
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Help with living room
Large open wall in living room, would like to use it....
What else?
What else does this space need? I don't have a ton...
Accent wall color - help please!
So courtesy some minor damage in the condo, we have...
wood floors
Looking for engineered hardwood floors that is real...