Lights- Pendant Choice
Katie Elizabeth
We are currently trying to figure out our lighting for our master bathroom.
The attached picture is the her part of our his and her vanity set (with a middle mini cabinet also). We don't have a lot of space on the wall next to the mirror above the his part, so we are thinking about going with mini pendants instead of 3 wall sconces.

Is this a good idea for a master bathroom? I don't want the pendants to be distracting. I found two options. One is chrome so it will match our faucets. The other is Oil Rubbed Bronze (but we have no oil rubbed bronze hardware- its just beautiful)

Im just looking for advice if pendants are a good idea, and also if either of these are a good choice.
http://www.lumens.com/Mini-Pendant-No-882-by-Quorum/uu422593/product?source=igodigital Chrome one
http://www.lowes.com/pd_21151-2121-EL-90911-13_0__?productId=3238943&Ntt=roth+++allen+pendant&pl=1¤tURL=&facetInfo= Oiled Bronze

We have to pay for these out of pocket, so keeping it under $100 is a big deal.
Hi there, Did you settle on pendants? I think between the two of them, I really like the one with the ORB finish, but in light of the faucets, I think the other is a great choice. Would love to see how it all turned out if you have pics.
0 Likes   December 20, 2012 at 3:52PM
Katie Elizabeth
Hi! We ended up going with the Lumens pendants. They honestly were cheap enough where if I decide to go another route, I can change them out easily! I will try to post a picture tomorrow. I don't have a picture with the lights and vanity! :)
0 Likes   December 20, 2012 at 6:00PM
EB Interiors
Katie,
the pendants from lumens are cute. how many did you go with?
0 Likes   December 20, 2012 at 6:11PM
Katie Elizabeth
Thank you! We ended up doing two- one over each sink area because they are a bit larger than I expected. I'll post a picture this morning!
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 5:48AM
Katie Elizabeth
Pictures:
2 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 1:11PM
foutchn
Was it hard to install this vanity? I really like it. I can't find comments on Lowe's website.
1 Like   April 12, 2014 at 7:18PM
Katie Elizabeth
My builder didn't have a lot of difficulty with it, no. The part that was a little tricky was the plumbing actually. And we ended up having to get completely different faucets for the sinks because the holes are further back on the stone than a majority of vanity's. I would like to be honest with you, this stone isn't sealed, so you'd have to do it. It still shows water marks if water sits on the surface too long, and if you have hard water, it is difficult to clean off the stone. It is not our favorite choice after having it for a couple years. The paint is also slightly yellowing on the side closest to the tub, which is something we are considering talking to Lowes about.
0 Likes   April 13, 2014 at 6:08AM
Young Elecrtric LLC
I'm an electrical contractor. I think the negative side of pendants on the vanity is that your face, in the mirror, may be a bit shadowy.
LED strips may fit on the sides.
0 Likes   April 13, 2014 at 6:49AM
foutchn
Thank you, Katie Elizabeth for getting back to me. I think I will look some more!
0 Likes   April 13, 2014 at 1:53PM
Katie Elizabeth
The pendant lighting hasn't been any issue for us regarding shadows, luckily. We are pretty happy with our selection so far!
0 Likes   April 13, 2014 at 4:24PM
I love your pendant light choice!
I love your pendant light choice! Where did you get...
susiekq
mini pendant light choice
Should I go with 2 pendants with a white glass shade...
crimson525
Need help with pendant light choice
I have a small kitchen island, and I am wondering if...
alitk
Great choice for kitchen counter pendant lighting!
We love what you've done with the place! ;-) As you...
Barnlight Originals™
Unfinished (and then custom finished) Kitchen Cabinets?
I'm looking for advice about buying unfinished kitchen...
orangecamera
Dilemmas without end.
Not exactly a design question, but is there a competition...
flopsycat1
How to neutralize yellow in granite?
We bought our home with this renovated kitchen (see...
tateek
Need help picking out barstools for my kitchen
I am trying to finish up my kitchen, and I need help!...
Mary Grier
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Wendy