What color are the cabinets?
doraaAugust 14, 2012
Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
These cabinets are white paint with a brown glaze, with relatively low hang-up.
    Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 2:33PM
lluedeke
What do you think would look better in a kitchen where cabinets are 9ft and go to 10ft in places- white with a dark glaze like this beautiful kitchen or dark stained? With island painted black?
    Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 2:45AM
You know, it's really hard to make design decisions with limited information. Choosing the color of the cabinets depends upon so many other things, from the style of the home (modern and streamlined? traditional and masculine?) to the size of the room, to the colors of the floor and the walls. For this reason I can only say that either option you describe could work, depending upon the final effect you're after. I've done a painted black (or dark-stained) island with a dark-stained kitchen, with a white painted kitchen, and (as you can see in this photo) with an ivory paint w/glaze kitchen.
If possible, could you post a photo of your existing kitchen along with a photo of your favorite room in your home (to show your desired style)? Then add a photo collage of the different finishes that you are considering using in the kitchen. Post these 3 images to Houzz & then add your question to the design discussions, and you will probably get some interesting and apropos design advice.
    Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 4:00PM
lluedeke
We are building so I do not have any pictures to post. Ive decided to go with dark stained cabinets, Bianco antico granite and contrasting light colored/glazed island. I think it will look good. Thanks for your comments back...nice to see designers respond.
    Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 5:52PM
Feed back on area rug
Does this rug work with my colors?
nduthu
What do you think of the setup of my dinning room along with the chand
I hope I can assist anyone interested in interior home...
amorsi2012
I need help with my living room!
Here are my issues: - recently renovated and now have...
notroh80
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
licksch
Fireplace redo
We want to redo the fireplace by replacing all of the...
tcrjmr