Need help with landscape and outside decor ideas
topedout600
Hi everyone from Florida. I bought the house back in October of 2010. Since then I added a decorative picket fence with columns to the front porch along with painting the exterior Yellow with white trim and green door/shutters. I am very much in love with up north landscapes and houses but in FL that is hard to come by lol. I have done a little landscaping... moved palm trees to the backyard.. outlined with some garden block. The driveway will be re-caoted at some point and I would like to add a walkway leading from the porch to the driveway as well.. where my dilemma is... is picking out bushes.. trees decor etc.. I would love any feedback the sight could give me.. ideas for anything on the outside.. The house is complete.. but in the pics you will see there is some trim to still paint ( you will see the brown drip edge sticking out like a sore thumb ) and the windows have been painted white but need the glass cleaned off.. other than that its a good pic to work with for design ideas..

Thanks a million everyone :O)
Please forgive my dog in the last pic.. I didint realize that she was there lol
janboit
Just go with plants that are heat tolerant across the front- red or orange hibiscus will grow bushy and add a nice pop of color. Add a bright colored umbrella to the table on the front patio. You could plant rosemary in the bed in front of the fence - it needs little watering and smells nice. If you want more design you could attach an iron type fixture to the right of the front window for added detail or a larger fixture on the lamp post. I would add a bed to the corner of the yard out front and surround it with the same stone you have already. A sago plam would add a soft touch to that corner. If you don't want flowers - think grasses. Bronze colored grasses would look nice with the color of your house.
August 15, 2012 at 5:23am   
topedout600
Thanks for the tips!! I like the idea of the front corner planter.. I never thought of that! I do have some of the garden blocks left for a frotn planter.. I thought at some point I would love to have a nice tree out front with a seating planter around the base..
Thanks for the ideas! ! ! !
August 20, 2012 at 7:16am   
Need outside paint colors and landscaping help
Just moved into this house and need to redo the house...
Need help with landscape/decorating front of house
We've done alot of work to the front of the house including...
Need help w/ ideas for outside of my new house
I've been trying to find some sort of website that...
Ranch home
Hi there! We are in the process of purchasing this...
Lordy Lordy, Margo's -
Actually, I don't know how old Margo is, but I do know...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Exterior Color Beach House
This is a new home in Florida and the exterior colors...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...