paddykk
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Apple Blossom Thornhill · More Info

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Ferretti has great quality. Other furniture may look the same on the surface but it's what inside that counts.
  • PRO
    ALLDECOR Home Staging & Design
    11 years ago
    Cynthia - I agree. We kept the cost down and used mid-grade fabric.
  • paddykk
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Great! Thanks for the prompt replies. We live in the Sanfrancisco area in California.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    If you're looking for furniture that's great quality as well as great looks, try Norwalk. Their pieces are a dream to sit on and they'll last you forever since they are definitely worth reupholstering years down the road to match any decor. I classify them as "higher end" but, as ALLDECOR mentioned, if you use a less expensive fabric you can cut the cost sometimes by half. And the lowest grade fabric doesn't mean low quality either. It means that the company was able to source a large quantity of this and obtain a good price. Grade has no relationship to durability either. I've had more positive feedback from my clients about Norwalk Furniture than any other furniture in all the years I've been in the business.
  • zenhome
    11 years ago
    Yes, Norwalk makes a nice mid end sofa, and some higher end pieces too. You have mentioned them often Cynthia. And since we're talking manufacturers, I have to say I love my Henredon sofa. Great quality and a stunning array of design choices too.

Sorry to go off topic!!!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    paddykk - Unfortunately Ferrettis does not have a retailer in your area. I’ve done some research and have two options: 1. Ferrettis works with a courier that ship to the US. So we can help you purchase the sectional and ship the item to you or 2. Show our photo to a retailer or designer in your area. They may have something similar or they may know a manufacturer who can customize a sectional to get you exactly what you would like. Don’t fear the word CUSTOM – most people feel this means expensive – not always. We actually customized this sofa...for a few hundred dollars we increased its length (by the shelving unit). I think the nominal fee was well worth it – we created a sofa that’s perfect for the space. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know. All the best and thank you (everyone) for your feedback.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Paddykk, I would take up ALLDECOR's offer if I were you. I've been to Ferretti's showroom and I've been on their factory tour. From the frame on up, you're going to have an outstanding piece of furniture. Much easier than shopping around where you live and not knowing exactly what you're getting. Best of luck to you.
  • paddykk
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @alldecor Thank you very much for your help. Wish I lived in your area. You are very helpful. I need to sit on the sofa before I buy it so, I'm going to go with the second option and get a designer in our area to help.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    paddykk - I completely understand. If you have any other questions please contact me again. All the best!!!
  • PRO
    Urban Cabin
    11 years ago
    Norwalk does have as couple of similar sectionals, and I agree with Cynthia that they make a fantastic product, and probably the best value out there. If you are selective with your fabric choice you can pay mid end prices for a product that offers hardwood frame, qualux foam with a lifetime warranty, and most models are machine 8 way hand tied. If those things are not important to you there are several manufacturers from California that offer very similar sectionals with bumper chaises. Elite leather for one, makes a fantastic product, and they now offer fabric too, and they have several sofas chaises similar to the one pictured. For an entry level custom fabric sectional almost identical check out Jonathan Louis international also from California...