What are the cabinets, refirgerator + panels, countertops and islands made from? And how much was the cost?
dsignr
August 17, 2012 in Photo Questions
Sorry if I'm throwing all these questions at once, but I'm building a house that has a similar style to yours and I am very interested in your materials. This is the first time for me by the way. I haven't started but am looking around right now.
I guess my biggest question is for the refrigerator. How do custom paneled refrigerators get made/built? I went on Thermador's site and you can select 'custom paneled. So do you just order the fridge without the stainless steel and add the panel that you bought from your cabinetry manuacture? How is it added onto the fridge? My concern is if the fridge will overheat? I saw many people do this but I want to make sure. How much is the $ for the Thermador and the the panels. Do we just tell the cabinet manfacturer the sizes of it?
How much was the cost of the your kitchen? Everything, like the applicances too. I read in your questions that your cabinets are from Ikea? How is the quality of it, I'm aware Ikea isn't top notch, but is it still good quality? Can you see anything that may make it look ... 'cheap'?
Also with the island , the grey side, is the same material as the backsplash? It's thicker then the backsplash though, right? If not, then how is it holding up?
Overall I LOVE your kitchen! Great job (:
Thanks
dsignr
oh and how much did your ceaserstone cost?
August 17, 2012 at 9:57am   
thirdstone inc. [^]
Hi disgnr,

Wow! That's a lot of questions but i'll try my best to answer them all. If i miss anything please let me know.

If you're ordering a thermador or a 'built-in' in general, you're given the choice of a 'panel ready'. That's the term i'm familiar with and that is what we specified. The LG House fridge was 36" w x 7' h and IKEA sells panels this size which can be used for this purpose. So order the 'custom panel' or 'panel ready' option for the fridge and have the same cabinetry applied to the front (top+bottom). This requires a lot of skill so make sure you hire someone who knows how to do this. The fridge doesn't overheat. For pricing visit Thermador and IKEA websites to confirm. All other appliances were by Bosch www.bosch-home.ca/ (Wall Oven, D/W, Cooktop). The fridge may be anywhere from $8-10K and the high-gloss panels $125+

I can't recall all the prices but the kitchen cabinetry material only (i.e. door fronts, cabinets, hardware, pulls, legs, plinths, panels etc.) was approx. $12-13K (CAD).

IKEA is good quality. Only a Kitchen cabinet maker or other Kitchen suppliers would tell you otherwise. Sure there may be better quality out there but you can't beat IKEA's prices. And IKEA certainly doesn't look 'cheap'. This kitchen here proves it.

The cover panels on the island are the same as the back-splash (thickness was either 1/2" or 5/8"). Everything's holding up extremely well...

Thanks for your comments and your interest in the LG House.

~ thirdstone inc. [^]
August 17, 2012 at 3:32pm     
thirdstone inc. [^]
Hi dsignr - The quartz countertops were approx. $5300 installed (CAD)

~ thirdstone inc [^]
August 17, 2012 at 3:40pm     
dsignr
Thanks soooooo much! Especially for the fast reply (:
August 17, 2012 at 6:31pm   
msk823
can you please advise what is the thickness of the quartz countertop? thank you!
September 7, 2012 at 1:09pm   
thirdstone inc. [^]
msk823

The thickness of this quartz countertop from the LG House is 2cm (3/4")

~ thirdstone inc [^]
September 7, 2012 at 1:41pm     
fifigabor
Love your kitchen!!! and was wondering what the name of it is as I can not find it on the ikea web site,THANKS.
January 17, 2013 at 8:31am   
thirdstone inc. [^]
Hi fifigabor

The cabinetry frames are AKURUM finished in either ABSTRAKT High-gloss Gray or White fronts.

:: thirdstone inc. [^]
January 17, 2013 at 8:45am   
fifigabor
Thank you so much for that, and the very fast responce,( really like your kitchen)!!!
January 17, 2013 at 11:49am   
tpithawala
Hi,
This is a great kitchen; and I love that it was mostly sourced from IKEA! I am looking to create a similar kitchen design (still debating on the grey though) and have a question about your waterfall island.

Is the waterfall made from the same material as the counter top (quartz)? I love the look, but adding a waterfall will greatly increase the cost of my island. Do you think I could get away with using the gloss white panels to create the waterfall and use the quartz as the counter top?

December 2, 2013 at 4:08pm   
thirdstone inc. [^]
That's exactly what we did here (re: waterfall). We used the same high-gloss material to create that look.

:: thirdstone inc. [^]
December 3, 2013 at 5:39am   
smeyers5
What color ceasarstone is that?
January 21, 2014 at 8:47am   
thirdstone inc. [^]
http://www.caesarstoneus.com/products/color/2141/ (Blizzard 2141)

:: thirdstone inc. [^]
January 21, 2014 at 1:27pm   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Help needed in updating the look of the exterior of this house
As seen from the picture this is a really old house....
Looking for advice of updating home exterior
We bought our house about a year ago and have been...
Cabin exterior front entry idea
Hello design and remodeling professionals. I need...
SMALL BATH DIRECTION
Not sure where to go from here with color or texture...