Is it just me or is this all wrong?
Sandy_Ferguson Berrett
August 18, 2012 in Photo Questions
I love corrugated metal on walls ....but to me it doesn't work with country decor.
Lanie Brown, REALTOR®, Martha Turner Sotheby's
Well, I could make it work... country decor with farm house out building corrugated metal wall thing going on... I could make it work, but that doesn't mean I like it for a bedroom.
August 18, 2012 at 5:46pm   
Margaret Michel
I'm not a fan of it. I think the metal walls would look great in a modern room with a more industrial feel. I personally don't see it fitting in very well with the country. It's just a bit to bright and clean for the country feel.
August 18, 2012 at 6:29pm     
Wow Great Place
I think this is a terrific space, as it's likely for a teenage boy, and I would hazard a guess that he just loves these cool, industrial looking corrugated walls. Think of how easily he could tape up his posters! No holes in the drywall!
;0)
August 18, 2012 at 6:52pm     
karen paul interiors
Oh, for crying out loud! This is simply a designer's interpretation of something or other. It isn't successful for the client or the designer. Sometimes we have these very unusual ideas that come from thinking outside the box, and when all is said and done, sometimes the box totally disappears.
August 18, 2012 at 7:00pm     
pcmom1
Wonder how corrugated metal would work in a bathroom. As a shower surround?
August 18, 2012 at 7:07pm     
pcmom1
August 18, 2012 at 7:07pm   
karen paul interiors
I can tell you how corrugated metal works in a bathroom...try living in a quonset hut in Guam for a year. It is not a thing of beauty!:)
August 18, 2012 at 7:40pm     
Beth Morrow
I've seen adorable rooms done with corrugated metal. However, I think this wall of metal needs to be broken up with beams like the one in the corner...about every 4 '. Just too much metal. Other than that, I personally think that any young boy would love this room!
August 18, 2012 at 8:24pm   
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Oh it looks weird .
August 19, 2012 at 1:49am   
I'm with you, Wow! I think this room is great. I would maybe lighten it up a little but it's pretty cool!
August 19, 2012 at 3:20am   
Becky Harris
Funny, I totally associate that metal with country! Pcmom1, here is the answer to your question, in a house that combines country and contemporary:
August 19, 2012 at 6:36am   
kirb
Becky, I'm with you on this we are about to begin construction of a new house on the ranch, Our vision is for a clean lined, high ceiling, minimal, home, With corrogated metal sidding, mixing in cedar ceilings and sofits and trim to balance and warm the the coolness of the metal.
Regarding this bedroom I give them credit for trying to think outside the box and it would wear really well in a child's room but i don't know for me it feels too cold and depressing in this room mabee if was in the room it would make sense.
August 19, 2012 at 7:07am   
Interiors Unleashed
I think the walls are fine, although I might lighten up the paint on the wall above the door. What is not working for me here is the smooth dark paint of the bed and dressers. The old luggage works, the night stand works... I would start with adding more texture to the room to balance the smooth paint and the shiny metal, helping to bring a more rustic feel to the country style. You might be able to do it with bedding and accessories. The red throw is not working for me in a good way.
August 19, 2012 at 8:18am   
Here's a fun Houzz tour "Under a Metal Canopy in Texas" which shows corrugated metal ceiling in a rustic kitchen. I like the use of the corrugated metal on a ceiling and in a larger space.[houzz=
]
August 19, 2012 at 8:19am   
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I like it. I am always open to fresh, original materials applied in interesting ways. What if this room were drywall, would any of us be talking about it? Happy Sunday everyone!
Charmean
August 19, 2012 at 8:28am     
Susan Mills Design
Happy Sunday to you too Charmean, I also think it's a fun room for a child, I don't say boy as my daughter would have been perfectly happy in this space when she outgrew the Laura Ashley pink fest I created after having three sons!
August 19, 2012 at 8:47am     
pcmom1
Becky Harris: Thanks for that link! And I love the shower pic with the corrugated metal! I love that whole house in general. Reminds me of Savage Artisan's farm house makeover.

That is what is so great about design, there are so many different options and ways to go. My problem is I love too many things, really needed to be very rich so I could have my beach home, mountain home, home in the french countryside, city loft, etc. But, if I really had to choose: my dream home is a 1500 sq. ft. quirky cabin!
August 19, 2012 at 10:05am   
ddelongc
I think bedrooms are very personal. In my house I allow my teenage daughter to put whatever decor she wants. It's a great outlet for her creativity, thoughts and emotions and it's been interesting to see its "evolution" so to speak. I don't think it really matters what we think of this bedroom unless it's a designated guest bedroom. :-)
August 19, 2012 at 10:18am     
Joe Carrick Design - Custom Home Design
Well, the owners loved it, so I think it is great. (We're not the interior designer)
August 22, 2012 at 11:02am     
michellebickers
I like the juxtaposition and the way the light reflects in maybe an otherwise dark room. My boys' room has little natural light, I think it might be a good solution!
February 16, 2013 at 7:02pm   
jennekesomerville
Can anyone recommend a good color for the metal siding?
May 2, 2013 at 3:01pm   
Susan Mills Design
I love to see it mixed up a bit! Painted, oxidized, in its natural state, it's all good.
May 2, 2013 at 8:34pm   
dobs76
All the galvanized grain bins I see are in country settings so I think it works perfectly. Also think its fabulous in contemporary rooms.
October 16, 2013 at 11:44pm