What color cabinets are these?
klp1996
August 20, 2012 in Photo Questions
what color cabinets are these........are they the antique white with the ebony glaze or the glacier white with the ebony glaze? thanks
Yorktowne Cabinetry
Hi there klp1996, thanks for writing. The door style is Belmonte and the finish is Antique White Sheer with Ebony glaze.
August 21, 2012 at 8:34am     
klp1996
thanks for letting me know! we are building a toll brothers house and have selected the Belmonte (maple) Antique White Opaque (without a glaze). I am curious, would you say the antique white sheer or antique white opaque is a darker cream? We would prefer a lighter cream (not yellow - more of a creamy off white) but liked the idea of a paint vs a stain for coverage. We picked this same island (that is in this picture) too - I love it!
August 21, 2012 at 9:36am     
klp1996
Looking at other Yorktowne Pictures in Houzz, I like the color cabinets in the Hasentree Golf Villas - Bayhill Kitchen.......do you happen to know which color those cabinets are? Thanks again so much!
August 21, 2012 at 9:40am   
Yorktowne Cabinetry
Hi klp1996. We're checking on the colors in that Bayhill kitchen now and will get back to you. As far as antique white sheer or antique white opaque, Technically, the color formula is the same. The color names indicates the opaqueness. So sheer, by its semi-transparent nature is going to be lighter or darker depending on the lightness or darkness of the wood surface it’s being applied to. With opaque, the color is solid, more consistent and not dependent on the underlying wood color.

The key is that with sheer you’ll see some wood grain, but with opaque you will not. Good luck. Sounds like you're putting together a beautiful kitchen. Be sure to send us photos when you're all done. We love to see the finished designs.
August 21, 2012 at 1:38pm     
Yorktowne Cabinetry
...and we found the answer on that Hasentree Golf Villa kitchen. The photo features the Hallmark door style in maple Antique White Opaque. The island is the Hallmark door style in cherry Sorrel.
August 21, 2012 at 1:47pm   
klp1996
Thank you very much! I appreciate your time and I'm very glad you have posted all these great pictures! Originally we picked out a pretty basic island but was not very excited about it. Then we found this island and other great ideas from the pictures you uploaded.....now I love my soon to be kitchen - it was exactly what I had in mind!!! I will definitely upload pics of the finished kitchen!
August 21, 2012 at 8:10pm   
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
What is Dad's favorite spot in your house?
In honor of Father's Day this weekend, let's hear talk...
Kitchen shelves
My husband and I just changed this breakfast bar to...
Need help for kitchen ???
We bought this house a couple of years ago and kitchen...