Help needed with disaster bedroom / office
ultramel123
Hi Everyone. This is my first time on "houzz" :) so I am a bit unsure. Basically would like assistance / ideas on how to "separate" by bedroom / home office appropriately in one room. The room is +- 6 x 3.5 meters, and they way it is laid out now is not working at all. I would like the room to have a good "bedroom" feel to it, but also possibly a good office / working environment. I have images of the room, but the images I have are extremely "messy" as I am busy moving things around etc. Should I add new images or draw a floor plan? Thank you so much
Images showing the floor plan would be most helpful!
0 Likes   August 23, 2012 at 3:49AM
ultramel123
I will attach this one for now, but will definitely take better ones this evening, and then re-post. On the left, there is a green dresser (horrible color), then in line with that against the second window, is a keyboard (on stand), and then an exercise bike (which will be moved). Then along the second window at the "bottom" of the room is the bed. and along the other all is the large office desk with 2 pc's. Then along the same wall as the pc's is the built-in wardrobe. (just in case any items in the pic are unclear). I know the image is bad, and I will re-take and then re-post asap. Just thought I could give a kind of "introduction". Thank you
0 Likes   August 23, 2012 at 4:09AM
Scott's Creative Home
The first step is to de-clutter. Not just pick up but to really eliminate the unnecessary in this room. Could you make it a priority to de-clutter this weekend and repost a new picture. I am interested in seeing what a change that alone will make.
1 Like   August 23, 2012 at 4:30AM
ultramel123
I will certainly do that, thank you. Will remove all the unnecessary asap, and re-post. thank you
1 Like   August 23, 2012 at 4:32AM
You are right about that green! The one thing you have in your favor is the size of the room, at least from the pic it looks large. And I love that floor. I'm curious to see how it looks after your ruthless decluttering, too!
0 Likes   August 23, 2012 at 4:44AM
ultramel123
*Bobby - yes the room is quite large. I will also measure the exact size when I re-post the images. The room also gets a lot of light, which is great. I am very excited to redesign this area, as I spend so much of my time in it. And possibly while I am at it do all the rooms :) Thank you for your comments
1 Like   August 23, 2012 at 4:53AM
TanCalGal
Cannot see room too well. The gray & white curtain panels are nice with the reddish floor. Is that a black valence? I like the green dresser. Can the dresser be placed at the end of the bed? Look for a black bed covering for your bed. Buy sheets and pillow cases in gray. A floor plan & photos are necessary.
0 Likes   August 24, 2012 at 7:56AM
Need help designing 2nd bedroom as office and guest room
Have a second bedroom with great views. Want to use...
Need help with bedroom/office
I have a 8x12 room The 32"w door opens inward as far...
Home office and extra bedroom needs help
Which bookshelves (model/style) are these?
Layout of Triangular Bedroom/Office - Help Needed
I'm new to Houzz and love looking through all the ideas...
wood, wood, everywhere: am i getting closer?
last summer i went on a dining room decorating binge...
Color and accent help with new sunroom!
This is our new/old home. A renovated 1762 farmhouse,...
Vinyl windows, white or beige/tan?
I'm trying to decide between white or beige windows?...
New Home Floor plan Advice
We are building a new home, and hopeful that this will...
Need some flooring help…..
We are just about at the point of choosing our hardwood...