Mounting Hardware
thecabinetgirlAugust 23, 2012
I am looking for a supplier of mounting hardware for glass counters. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Ventana Construction LLC
Hi- thanks for your inquiry. These steel countertop brackets were custom fabricated by a local metal fabrication shop. You could call around to metal shops in your area and explain to them what you are looking for and I am sure they will be able to come up with a solution.
    Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:13AM
thecabinetgirl
Thanks for the reply..........appreciate it! Beautiful work by the way!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:23AM
Ventana Construction LLC
If you're asking about the connectors on the top of the glass, those were purchased at CR Laurence - http://www.crlaurence.com/default.aspx
    Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:25AM
thecabinetgirl
Thanks again!
    Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:44AM
Ventana Construction LLC
you're welcome - best of luck with your project!
    Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:13AM
Glassworks, Inc.
Did you find your brackets? As was mentioned http://www.crlaurence.com/default.aspx is a good resource. Also, we really shy away from drilling holes in counters. We feel they stress the glass and can make maintenance an issue. After all, one of the reasons you use glass counters is for their maintenance-free aspect! Thanks for following us!
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 2:29PM
thecabinetgirl
Actually, the project I was doing at the time of that inquiry had a design change and we did not do the glass. But, I am working on a whole house remodel right now and I am in the end of the design stage for the kitchen, which I would (and the client) would like to use glass for the bar area of the counter. So I am back to researching suppliers and fabricators. In regards to your statement above, how do you secure the glass without drilling holes in it. I have not found a glass fabricator in my area of SW Florida yet, this is a new material for me. Most of my clients are well beyond retirement and they aren't real keen about getting too far out of their comfort zone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 7:56PM
Glassworks, Inc.
We secure the counters using clear silicon on at least two parallel support points about every 36". We can help you if you send us a drawing of the installation you are considering. Also, if you are looking for a fabricator, we ship our glass throughout the country. Hope this is helpful.
    Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 12:31PM
thecabinetgirl
Very helpful..thank you! I hope to have the island design nailed down and confirmed by the owner this week. I would like to have you bid on it. I will stay in touch.....thanks again! Mary Teets
    Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 1:19PM
thecabinetgirl
Okay, here is the basic layout of the kitchen island with a closeup of the glass portion. This would not be the exact shape of the glass but the measurements should be within those parameters. What I need is a $ figure, including mounting hardware (with instructions LOL) to fabricate and ship. My e-mail is mary.teets@yahoo.com and my phone is 941-628-9390. My client is heading out of state next Thursday and I need a decision from her based on pricing. The best ball park you can give me without a template would be great.........Thanks!
    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 7:12AM
Glassworks, Inc.
Hey There...Didn't receive the images. I'll email you with my email so you can send them directly to me. Thanks!
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 7:48AM
Is mounting hardware included?
I see that installation instructions are included but...
crowley48
left-mounted hardware?
Hi, do you have this sink with the single hole on the...
darceyrose
Boathouse wall in need of something
We recently replaced our dock and now have to decide...
northof49
In need of Ideas for master bedroom
Our master bedroom is small, but we're used to sleeping...
htabish
Home Office
Hi I can't find my new thread so here's a new one! I'm...
decorgirly
Hide a treadmill
How can I hide a treadmill in a bedroom. We want to...
gator2359
If Only I could blow this master bath up and start over. Help!
Wow, do I need help. Our house is going on the market...
sandnsyntax