I have these chairs bur they are chocolate on the back and seat. what is value
reidsville64
August 23, 2012 in Photo Questions
Nicholas Moriarty Interiors
The first thing to know is that what the chairs are worth in a "retail" setting is much different than what you may be able to get for them on your own. If they are marked Thonet (as the pictured chairs are) they are very desirable. In a retail setting you could expect to see these priced anywhere between $225 and $350 per chair if they're in PERFECT condition. These chairs were used in many institutions, however (think colleges, libraries, etc) so they are readily available to people "in the know" thus making it hard to get that kind of price from a designer or dealer (for instance). The best way to approach this is to think about what you need to get out of them to make it worth your while to sell them - not what they're "worth" as other individuals will always have their own opinions of this. I hope this helps you in your decision making process!
0 Likes   August 24, 2012 at 8:52AM
reidsville64
this helped me a lot. the chairs are stamped on the back and seat. they are chocolate with the wood frame. just like the ones you post bur the molded plastic. they are in perfect condition, except one has slight damage. the price is 250.00 for three of them and 100.00 for the damaged one. Would you like to pirchase? I can send you pictures from my cell phone if you are interested.
Ossie Edmonds
0 Likes   August 24, 2012 at 7:44PM
Foyer
Looking for ideas. Rugs , furniture , bench ....etc...
tommydboy
remodeling a 1925 spanish style home, looking to do a small bathroom
i like your 5 panel door by Randolph-Bundy, Inc. ยท...
Martina Kohl
What's on your nightstand?
What do you keep handy when you go to sleep at night?...
Furniture Placement
I need ideas on how to place my furniture. There is...
vegetabile
Working with an architect...
Have you ever built a house? My parents built two...
2x6oc