Love the shower!

lisap100August 25, 2012
Can you please tell us what is on the shower walls?
MI master bathroom · More Info
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi Lisa, thanks for the inquiry and your kind words. The wall tile is a 24x24 rectified porcelain, with a 3/8" multi-colored glass mosaic. As for the brand etc, I've emailed my client to see if the name is on the spare tiles we left them. I'm afraid the company we purchased the tile from is no longer in business. I will update you if and when I know more about the name of the tiles.

Thanks again!
Steve
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 12:53PM
lisap100
Thanks for the info. You really did an incredible job - I love the idea of the inside/outside seat!! what did you use for the rest of the shower walls? Cement or stone or something else?
Thanks again and congrats!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 12:55PM
BeautifulRemodel.com
Thank you Lisa, I really appreciate it. I came up with the idea for the cylindrical seat as the client needed a place to dress and undress, (in addition to a wet bench inside the shower) but there wasn't room in the closet for a chair, which is what I usually spec. I experimented with different shapes and sizes for a combination wet/dry seat in CAD, and loved this one. We created a full scale mock-up of the seat for the client to try out before we built it, so we knew the size would work perfectly.

As for the shower walls, everything you see inside the shower is either the porcelain or the mosaic. (The floor is tumbled travertine). Btw, there is another photo for this bathroom which shows more of the room, and the "drying" bench in the shower too, if you didnt already see it.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have further questions :)

Steve

MI master bathroom · More Info
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 1:08PM
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi Lisa, I heard back from my client and I'm afraid there are no markings on the tile that give us any idea as to the brand etc. As I mentioned before the store that sold this is out of business (this project is about 3 years old) so I can't track it down through them. (Even the receipt is vague). If I do happen to find something like this on my tile store travels, I'll let you know!

Thanks
Steve
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 4:26PM
lisap100
No problem at all. I really appreciate the effort and still dreaming of this bathroom!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 5:22PM
BeautifulRemodel.com
Thanks and best of luck with your project!
    Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 7:23PM
Trim color help needed on a 1920's house with 1970's trim :)
I have an old house that was built in 1925, but remodeled...
bataillm
dilema with my dinning room
I have a really small dinning room is there a way I...
Maribel Dlc
Need help to renovate my small kitchen.
I will renovate my kitchen in a few months. It is small...
Sylvia Pham
Dining area and reading nook
Dear all, Would it be possible to add a console next...
Graziella Brincat
Chairs to go with this table?
I am going to be buying this dark brown dining room...
Amanda Reiser