what is the back wall tile?

martharogers
11 years ago
Pink Glitter Bathroom · More Info

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Susan Jablon Mosaics
    11 years ago
    Martha, I'm sorry I'm not sure what the application is on the back wall. This is an install photo that a customer provided us, we only supplied the glitter mosaic tiles and I don't have any information on other products pictured.
  • pria_shiny
    11 years ago
    Hi Martha, It's called 3D tiles if I'm not mistaken. Back in Malaysia, that's how they call it.
  • Ayse A.
    11 years ago
    I am pretty sure this is Porcelanosa. Check out the website:
    http://www.porcelanosa-usa.com/home/products/tile/wall.aspx
  • beck0523
    11 years ago
    Lanovatile.com Imazzi collection
  • PRO
    Rachael B Martin
    11 years ago
    They could be Modular Arts...
    http://www.modulararts.com/tiles/designs.html
  • feliciashyu
    11 years ago
    This can be the tile from Porcelanosa or Gardenia Orchidea (an Italian brand). Check this link: http://www.gardeniaorchidea.com/en/index.php
  • PRO
    House of George LLC
    11 years ago
    The back wall tiles are wall panels from Modular arts, www.modulararts.com. This particular pattern in called Dune. I'm about to install this product over a fireplace in a clients home next week, thus my knowledge about it.
  • PRO
    River City Tile Company
    11 years ago
    Agreed, this installation should look seamless when done properly! Modulararts has some fantastic products you just need to find an installer with ALOT of patience to fine sand all those joints.
  • PRO
    River City Tile Company
    11 years ago
    Here is an example of a Modular Arts install that is at the painting stage in our showroom. You can see where the seams are now before painting because of the different colour of the specialized drywall compound, but once it is painted it will look like one continuous piece.
  • tstaplett
    11 years ago
    I looked at Modulararts.com sight and found the wavy tile pictured. Just wondering your thoughts on using this on shower walls where the shower will have repeated use.
    Examples seem to be accent walls and backsplash areas. No mention of using or not using on shower walls. Thank you.
  • PRO
    House of George LLC
    11 years ago
    Tstaplett,

The system comes in a panel option and a tile option. I wouldn't think the panel style would be suitable for a shower. I'm not sure about the tiles either. I would recommend calling the number listed on the website. It will take you directly to the distributer/manufacturer in Seattle, and they are VERY helpful and will gladly answer your questions.
  • PRO
    River City Tile Company
    11 years ago
    From the Modular Arts webpage: "ModularArts® products are intended for interior use only and may not be submerged in water or used in shower stalls. Any such use will void manufacturer's warranty."
    Modular arts products are a gypsum based material and are essentially like drywall. They can be wiped clean with a damp cloth but consistent exposure to water would be very damaging.
  • tstaplett
    11 years ago
    Thank you.