What is the length of these pulls?
kharrisj
August 28, 2012 in Photo Questions
We are planning to use these bar pulls for our new walnut cabinets with a dark walnut stain. I'm confused about the proper size. Any advice would be appreciated.
designs by human.
Hello @kharrisj, thank you for the question! To answer your question specifically, these particular pulls are about 9.5" wide. Although, in this kitchen I used several different sizes to properly fit the proportions of the cabinets and doors in specific areas (see attached photo for another view of the kitchen with different handles). These specific handles usually come in several different lengths. I still believe I achieved a cleaner and more modern look by using different sizes, but it may come down to personal preference. I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or need any assistance. Thanks again!
August 29, 2012 at 5:43am   
teachr
I have a similar question...so I gather from your response that the drawer pulls in a kitchen need not all be of a uniform length?
I've been studying the photos to figure this one out!
July 23, 2013 at 7:18pm   
designs by human.
Hi @teachr, thanks for the question! A lot of designers might think that they would have to be all the same or uniform but to me it really depends on the overall space. This particular kitchen has a lot of differing door sizes which is one main reason I chose to vary the sizes and fit the scale of the door(s). If you have any further questions please feel free to email me at designsbyhuman@gmail.com, thanks!
July 24, 2013 at 7:41am   
Fireplace, mantel advice
I'm looking for ideas on what to do with our fireplace...
What decorative items do you hate the most?
It does not have to be overused or trend that should...
Need help with living room space usage!
We've lived in this apartment for almost a year and...
Opinions on tile choice please.
We're redoing our kitchen. As you can see in the pictures...
Shower safety bar
I am installing a safety bar in my newly remodeled...