What color rugs go best with dark hardwood floors
ebordenave
I'm trying to determine what color area rug would mesh well withdining room (and subsequently the living room), I'm thinking about designing the room around the rug and its colors but so far that has been the hardest part. FLOR seems to have decent rugs, any suggestions either from the FLOR catalog or just colors in general?

I'm in my late twenties, so something relatively contemporary but elegant enough for a small family (wife and son) would be nice.

room(s) is pictured below
michigammemom
It looks like your home has some great vintage features so I would stick with a more transitional rug style as opposed to the more contemporary FLOR carpet tile. In my opinion your flooring choice will ground your room and direct color choices for your walls. If you desire a more youthful look you will probably want to update the chandelier as well. This Morrocan tile pattern might be a style that would lend itself to the relaxed elegance you desire.
August 29, 2012 at 6:47am   
ebordenave
@Jade

hmm, I never really thought about it that way but it makes sense. Get my furnishings first and then work around that.

@michigammemom

The vintage features really add a nice touch to the space and it sounds like it'd be better to embrace them rather than to look for something that really doesn't go well with them. I like the sample you've shown (unfortunately it's sold out); I'm going to start looking at furniture and work from there.
August 29, 2012 at 10:17am   
michigammemom
ebordnenave, the shape of your dining room looks like it might lend itself to a round table. This one from west elm has a great lines without looking stuffy. If you like the tile rug, take a look at Home Decorators. You can search for rugs by color and I think they have something very similar. http://www.westelm.com/products/arc-base-pedestal-table-g490/?pkey=cdining-tables
August 29, 2012 at 10:34am   
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Which paint color do you like better?
We're remodeling our daughter's bathroom out of necessity....
Need help with pantry
Is it posible to order the Pantry Pull Outs? What...
Art for shared living/dining wall? Please help!
Are there any guidelines for choosing complementary...
What color and patterns should I use?
I'm redecorating my daughters room soon. I'm using...