Bedroom walls and curtain
sondramartina
I want to hang new curtain,what length and colour would you suggest?
Also I like pictures on that right wall ,should I balance it on the other side without overdooing it?
Colour in the wall is SW Angora ,but I would not mind some light lavender colour.
olgahoney
Sondramartina! I like long long curtains and rods as much as possible high to the selling.I would paint your frames either white or black color. White curtains look very good and stylish.
August 30, 2012 at 5:37pm   
houssaon
I think you could use taller bed-side lamps. As far as the curtains go, hang them to the sill or to the floor. Raise the rod to make the window look taller. I wouldn't add more pictures on the other side of the window, but you could add one large piece over the bed.
August 30, 2012 at 5:44pm   
olgahoney
also dusty blue curtains will look great.
August 30, 2012 at 5:58pm   
olgahoney
some ideas
August 30, 2012 at 6:01pm   
Well, just to prove that if you ask 10 different designers the same question, you'll get 10 different answers, I have this one for you. I agree with houssaon on your lamps needing to be taller. After that, our views diverge.

I would never, ever end draperies at a window sill. I'd use shades if I wanted a window covering to end there. Draperies should go to the floor or they should not exist (oh, I know I'll get grief on this extreme view!). Anyway, I think this is the first time I haven't agreed with every word houssaon had to say. So I hope I'll be forgiven.

I would really prefer that the the drapery rod extendbeyond the window on each side so that when the draperies are open, all the window would be revealed. This, of course, would mean that the arrangement of art to the right of the bed would have to move to make way for the draperies. I would then put it on the opposite wall, and put no art over the bed. Since draperies tend to be expensive, I prefer to have them in a fairly neutral color that will continue to go with bedding changes you may make over the next five to ten years.
August 30, 2012 at 6:08pm   
olgahoney
you have neutral wall color...so what color of drapes you choose it will be good! Just add a couple pillows of the same color. Corner with frames will look busy if you choose curtains on a sides of window.
August 30, 2012 at 6:31pm     
olgahoney
if you want lavender color ...here is some idea on photo...
August 30, 2012 at 7:26pm   
sondramartina
I think I will stick with Angora walls.Here is my quick update using whatever I had in other rooms ,just to test it. Looks better.Drapes are short but this is temporary,for tonight only.
August 30, 2012 at 7:41pm   
You're on the right path, sondramartina!
August 30, 2012 at 7:50pm     
sondramartina
Thank you all,this was fun night. I hope you guys noticed lamps on new pedestal.
: -)
August 30, 2012 at 7:54pm   
summer_night5
You might consider taking your largest picture and reframing it into a larger size frame with a wider mat. Hang it by itself or with the two smaller pictures (reframed in white mats and frames) side by side on top. Love the color of the walls. My bedroom is southwestern pink to go with my Indian artwork.
August 31, 2012 at 2:57pm   
sondramartina
Some changes with yellow chair. Something is missing on that wall above chair.And of course I am gonna change bedding.
September 7, 2012 at 3:41pm   
Sarah Taylor
How about some mirrors on the right side of the window? :)
September 7, 2012 at 5:20pm   
sondramartina
I have a chance to sell this rug but I am undecisive.Should I ?I can not picture this room with different one.I like eclectic and contemporary look.Any suggestions or photos ?
September 11, 2012 at 7:09am   
nasmijati
You are heading in a good direction.

I would put the artwork on the wall opposite the bed.

Keep the rug you like so well.

Hang draperies from as close to the ceiling as possible, all the way down to the floor (but no "puddling" of draperies). Use a long rod so that when the draperies are open, the entire window is exposed. To keep the room light and airy, use sheers.

Look on Houzz at eclectic and contemporary bedrooms for ideas. Choose colors for your room that will be complimentary with the colors of your rug. If you like the wall color in your room, there is no need to change it. Sheer draperies do not have to be a plain color. Pay attention to the Houzz photos. Get your new bedding before purchasing or repurposing draperies from another part of your home.

Please keep posting progress photos.
September 11, 2012 at 8:08am   
sondramartina
Thanks Tipi. I am not crazy about this rug but I don't hate either.I have to make a decision tonight about selling that rug.
September 11, 2012 at 8:17am   
nasmijati
Do you need the money from selling the rug? What kind of floor is underneath it? Will you be wanting carpeting in the bedroom, or flooring? Just some things to think about...
September 11, 2012 at 8:57am   
sondramartina
I have brand new hardwood installed last winter ,Brazilian chestnut.I have couple of extra rugs so I am trying to get rid of them.
September 11, 2012 at 9:00am   
nasmijati
Brazilian chestnut! Sell the rug.

Look for bedding that compliments the floor color. It can be light colored...
Do you like your wood headboard as it is, or would you consider painting it?
September 11, 2012 at 10:08am   
sondramartina
Headboard is fabric , soft velvety type.
September 11, 2012 at 10:18am   
nasmijati
You have quite an elegant room to work with.

You have a short lace curtain now. Would you like to keep the lacy look for the window to lighten up the feel of the dark wood of the floor and the velvet headboard?
September 11, 2012 at 10:44am   
sondramartina
Tipi.that is room before .Look 10 posts above this one.Is little bit different now.
September 11, 2012 at 10:51am   
nasmijati
Golden yellow sheers?
September 11, 2012 at 11:38am   
Need help with bathroom mirrors
I'm looking for suggestions for bathroom mirrors -...
How to plan my house extension with more future extension in mind?
I have a single story house with around 1300 sqft....
Need help in designing a kitchen which is in front of house
This room in an 18th Century house should be a library...
What topics would you like to see more of?
Now that the shiny new Houzz UK has launched, we want...