White appliances with shades of white cabinets.
rosecottagehome
August 31, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am doing a big kitchen reno and am trying to decide on appliance finish to go with antique white cabinets. I was told by my cabinet maker and also a kitchen representative at a box store, that I should buy stainless steel because white appliances will be a shade off from the cabinets and not look good. I do not want to spend the extra money for the fridge and dishwashers that have removable panels and then get custom coloured panels made. Love that look but budget restraints. Not fussy on black appliances. I see this kitchen has a white dishwasher with white toned cupboards. Looking for opinions. Thanks.
michigammemom
I would recommend stainless appliances. They are a "neutral" that will go with any shade of white cabinet. On the other hand, white appliances paired with off white to cream colored cabinets make your cabinets appear soiled.
August 31, 2012 at 6:22am   
rosecottagehome
Thanks michigammemom. You know, right after I posted my question I saw that very picture you referred to, and I agree totally with your comment. The cabinet colour I have chosen is not cream in any way, just an off white, but I think I will do stainless just to add contrast and try to compliment the cupboards.
August 31, 2012 at 6:42am   
Crisp Architects
I agree, stainless steel is a great suggestion for contrast with the white cabinets.
September 28, 2012 at 9:00am   
wlawoman
Beautiful! Was wondering about the cabinet/ drawer pulls and lighting pendants are they black or stainless. Thinking about changing my island lighting to brushed nickel but have oil brushed bronze cabinet pulls. Should I also change those out?
November 20, 2013 at 11:33am   
rosecottagehome
I think finishes on cabinet/ drawer pulls can differ from lighting. My new kitchen has this. The picture above is not my kitchen, one off of houzz, posted at the time to represent my dilemma, since my kitchen was still under construction. Check out the photo gallery to see what your preferences are.
November 20, 2013 at 2:10pm   
Island color?
The kitchen cabinets are Cherry Spice color on maple....
Buyer's remorse - fussy living room
I put this living room together from scratch over the...
Electric Outlets on my Island!
I noticed the two electrical outlets on my new island...
Kitchen update - Small Island - What to do with lighting?
I am updating my kitchen. I will be getting all stainless...