Accentsto make room come alive!
Johana Vladimir
Need suggestions on accessories for this LVR. Looking to maintain an elegant, classic coastal look; yet have it feel like a soothing space.
I will be adding on top of the sofa a set of wall frames (6) in a sequence as well.
Any other expert advice will be appreciated.
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Lovely Rug , lovely LR ,Just add some coloured cushions on the sectional , and haven't you heard
Less is more !
1 Like   August 31, 2012 at 11:53AM
olgahoney
I like this ideas ...
1 Like   August 31, 2012 at 11:54AM
houssaon
I'd move the couch out from the wall a bit. The sheers need to be doubled up and I'd look for a different rod which is longer so the panels can hang outside of the window. I think a patten or stripe fabic would be better there. You could add a couple of chairs and a console opposite the couch.
1 Like   August 31, 2012 at 12:00PM
Manon Floreat
I think an end table to the left of the sofa with a glass table lamp that resembles beach glass would be a nice touch decor wise and for practicality purposes as the room looks like it could use additional lighting. The coffee table could stand to be moved closer to the sofa for functionality, as well.

I like the idea of a console opposite the sofa and love the look of ottomans stashed beneath it. The Buddha statue might find a nice atop the console. A small scale armless chair to the left of the fireplace angled towards the sofa would round out the seating - if there's room.

For the fireplace, consider clearing the mantle and placing driftwood sculpture. The one below is a candle holder. Candles have a wonderful way of soothing. I can't quite tell what it is you have before the fireplace - is it a screen? There may be a better option there . . .

I think you have a nice room and it already looks quite soothing. Hope you post after pics!

Plankton Wood and Silver Leaf Console

Coastal Light Green Seeded Glass Table Lamp

Samar Ottoman

Driftwood Candelabra
1 Like   August 31, 2012 at 12:42PM
Windows and the recess above them make for difficult decorating. To trick the eye into believing the left window goes to the floor, duplicate the other mirror and frame with a mirror and trim mounted on the wall under it to make a faux window to match the other one. It will be behind sheers, and doubling up on them as suggested by houssaon will help camo the visual trick. You'll just see reflected light that makes it seem the two windows are the same. Seems the recess makes it difficult to hang drapes to hide the window frame and the windows crowd the fireplace too. Looks like some of the crown has been cut away over the FP. Consider ceiling mount rods for a possible solution. I would turn the rug and sectional to float in the center facing the FP. Is that art propped on the wall and where will it be hung? Wherever it goes, I'd put a large cabinet on the opposite side that carries your classic elegant coastal theme. Manon's accessories are spot on. We might offer more insight if we could see a photo taken from the FP to the opposite end.
1 Like   August 31, 2012 at 12:58PM
Johana Vladimir
wow! thank you houzz experts! I have a lot to think about here!! The fireplace will eventually get a white frame with space for a mantle. At this time I cannot really put anything there besides flat pic frames.
The butterfly art will be hung up above where it sits. I was thinking in placing a console or media table beneath to provide support.
The view from the FP out is of my study area which is still under construction.
Again, thanks so much for the input and great ideas!!! ;)
1 Like   August 31, 2012 at 1:33PM
How to make this room come alive?
I have a new home and my living room and kitchen are...
What can I do to make my dining room come alive? My kitchen is a blue
My curtains are candlelight silk. I was thinking of...
Help me make my dining room come alive! Should I paint ? Add wall deco
Need help making this furniture look alive
I purchased this furniture from an owner and I just...
What colour/kind of curtains to give colour pop to grey living room?
Hi - I'm really struggling to pick the right curtains....
Are wood floors in the kitchen a good idea?
We are building a new house and I have been looking...
Tiles selection
We want to change the tiles in the kitchen. Need help/suggestions...
Let's play hide and seek
Ok. In the process of remodeling the whole family room....
Experienced dog owners,please help !
We got a puppy ,she is 4 months old now and my life...