Love the dining rm. chairs. Where are they from
memebear
September 1, 2012 in Photo Questions
Howard Bankston & Post
The owner has a world-class collection of Swedish antiques, some of which she inherited, others she had acquired over the years. That's all I can tell you.
0 Likes   September 1, 2012 at 5:03PM
Swedish Room
They are from Swedish Room. Swedish Room was the interior design firm for this project. We did interior and exterior colors (a lot of them were custom to get the perfect Swedish tone, ight but not too pastl), we worked with the floor finisher to acheive the perfect Swedish scrubbed floors and we hand selected the majority of the furniture in the home (aniques and reproduction pieces), lighting, fabrics, rugs and accessories. A lot of the pieces are from Swedish Room such as the reproduction dining tbae and chiars the antique buffets, beds, crystal chandeliers, pweter wall sconces etc. You can go to www.swedishroom.com to download catalogues or cntact me directly at suzanna@swedishroom.com for more information.
0 Likes   October 30, 2012 at 9:00PM
Howard Bankston & Post
My client has been a devoted collector of many authentic Swedish antiques, including the dining room table and chairs. Whether those were inherited or acquired over the years, I cannot recall. The chairs, and the grandfather clock in the corner, comprised the cover photo of the book entitled "Swedish Country Interiors" by Rhonda Eleish and Eddie Van Breems, published in 2009, which featured several projects, including ours, as best exemplifying the style. The book, which includes a resource guide listing professionals across the country who specialize in the genre, might be a valuable aid to anyone interested in Swedish country design.
0 Likes   October 31, 2012 at 9:56AM
Howard Bankston & Post
The Swedish antique grandfather clock was a family heirloom of my client's, as I recall. However, there are collectors of Swedish antiques around the country. The interior designer on this project might be a resource. Just google "Swedish Room". Her name is Suzanne.
0 Likes   October 31, 2012 at 10:20AM
Swedish Room
Correction: The dining table and chairs are NOT antique. These items are historical reproductions made in Sweden and custom finished, purchased from Swedish Room. Most of the pieces featured in this home was hand selected by Suzanna (with an "a" , not "e") Havden Bell of Swedish Room. This including interior and eterior wall color selections and custom colors, wall murals, custom built-in cabinetry design, upholstery, drapery, antique and reproduction pieces, lighting, accessories and rugs. You can visit www.swedishroom.com or reach me directly at suzanna@swedishroom.com for more information.
0 Likes   October 31, 2012 at 1:28PM
kathykniola
I have similar chairs available if you're interested. Email me at kniola@me.com
0 Likes   July 3, 2014 at 11:12AM
Large wall issue
I need so help on what in the world I can do with such...
Lisa Watkins
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
licksch
Brand new painted cabinets chipping on edges.
We did custom painted cabinets shaker sale cabinets...
fanofmyfam
Bathroom color please advise!
I have just renovated a small bathroom. The wall tile...
kodiebear
Living room/dining zone
No idea what to do with this. Terrible at decorating,...
dckane