uh oh off center door from second story peak
Rebecca MacAndrew
just realized that our new second story peak does not go the full width of front porch, it is flush with rest of second story, front of house is 33 feet wide, peaked area above is only 25, so my front door in the center looks off, there will be a small porch with a peak above door, i guess my question is, should i be moving the door(don't really want to since we just got front closet area all lined up according to current spot) or will it be okay to have the door and small peaked porch off center from larger peak above it.
Hi, do you have any photos?
September 2, 2012 at 10:55AM   
Rebecca MacAndrew
i am going to try and take some pictures this week, i only have picture of before, bottom of house is the same it is the upper story that has the peak
September 2, 2012 at 11:00AM   
Rebecca MacAndrew
new picture of front of house, our thought now is to center the front porch peak under the upper peak. my new dilemma is the little window beside door. the other windows in the front are going to have shutters aswell as the upper window in benjamin moore fatigue green and siding is sandalwood.would a little window box painted out in same green look ok. or any other suggestions, you all have been very helpful in this reno process. thanks
January 10, 2013 at 5:34PM   
1920s Cottage Needs Updating
Hello all, I just purchased an older home with a lot...
Need ideas for Master bathroom remodel
Please help me with ideas for remodeling this room....
need help for entryway
The front of our house is really boring. We want to...
Island lighting
I've taken into account everyone's great advice on...