did you actually make that for the wine? if so how did you do it?
kimby2006
September 2, 2012 in Photo Questions
Debbie
Just think---box cabinet w/2 pieces of wood (or buy the X from IKEA or have a local cabinet shop cut the X for you, to size of your cupboard) BUT-remember, on top of a refridgerator, it is pretty warm...what you do NOT want for wine storage.
September 2, 2012 at 3:32PM     
Synergy Design & Construction
Thanks for answering Debbie. Yes, the cabinet was standard within the line we specked. When you have a very tight footprint like this client did, it was the only option. With adequate insulation between the fridge and cabinet, you can greatly reduce the amount of heat that reaches the wine.
September 4, 2012 at 7:30AM     
msstevens72
What would you insulate with between the fridge and cabinet?
October 9, 2012 at 5:33PM   
Debbie
There is a way cool silver-sorta bubbled material, like what this mechanic used at the Smartcar place, and we bought...it's a "heat resistant blanket" but has firmer body (than a blanket) to it. and it really works to keep the heat (and noise) of the engine compartment out of the back storage/dog area.
October 9, 2012 at 8:09PM   
davidpkaiser
What is the depth of the wine cabinet?
July 26, 2013 at 8:39PM   
Debbie
Look at a bottle of wine.
July 26, 2013 at 8:46PM   
Synergy Design & Construction
Hi David, Thanks for your question. The wine cabinet above the fridge is 24” deep, which is the same as the countertop and base cabinetry. – Mina Synergy D&C
July 30, 2013 at 10:17AM   
Debbie
To me, 24" deep is wasting a lot of space! I just measured several bottles of our wine--they are between 11" and 13"...It's just not common sense to waste that much "storage room" in a kitchen, IMHO. (that corner, w/out seeing the rest of the room, looks off...doesn't flow...again, imho.
I showed the pic to my hubby and he sez, would not work! Too hot for wine---and we have a lot of $$ invested in our wine collections.
July 30, 2013 at 10:49AM   
bubblyjock
Yes, WAY too hot for wine storage. Unless it's mulled. ;) i prefer to add slats/dividers and keep trays and cookie sheets up there.
August 1, 2013 at 8:48AM     
Synergy Design & Construction
Unfortunately this was an extremely tight kitchen in a DC rowhome built in the 1800s and this was the only space available for the wine. With today's modern refrigerators, we find they don't produce nearly as much heat as the old versions did. Not saying it is "ideal" by any means, but sometimes you have to work with the space you have.
August 1, 2013 at 9:04AM     
Nook help needed!!!!
I had originally thought of doing one big window box...
where can find the similar wooden panel?
I have similar arches in my new home and want to find...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
What to do with wall space next to bar counter
I thought I would do floating shelves but now I am...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...