Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becknzoe

What is the logic for mounting the bar on a mirrored wall?

becknzoe
11 years ago
If I mirror only one wall in my gym, is there a specific reason to mount the bar on the mirrored wall versus the non-mirrored wall?
Ellen Grasso Inc · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    This looks like a ballet studio. The bar is always mounted on the mirror so the dancers can do their positions and see that they are doing them correctly. If you are designing a gym, you are likely going to be across the room from the mirror doing your excercises. Would you even need a bar? You need to think about what activity is going to be done in your space, and accommodate those activities as best you are able.
  • PRO
    Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
    11 years ago
    This is a ballet studio for a 10-year old, plus there is room for some exercise equipment. The barre is actually adjustable in height. It sits on mounts that are mounted directly on the wall. The mirror has cut-outs to prevent the bracket from flexing and breaking the mirror. In other words, the barre doesn't touch the mirror. I would love to have a home gym with a ballet barre on a mirror because you could use it for stretches and all sorts of other barre exercises.
  • becknzoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Ellen and Cynthia. We are building a studio room with mirrored walls that will serve as a gym and a place for my daughter to practice her routines (cheer, dance, etc.). I like the idea of the ballet barre for streching and fitness purposes. Thanks for the great tips! Do either of you have a resource for purchasing the barre?
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    You're very welcome, becknzoe. You have a very lucky little girl. Over to you Ellen! I have no experience with sourcing these.
Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer