Please could you tell me where you got the stove and refrigerator...They are beautiful...Thank You
roxy0334
September 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
gracefulvintage
They are vintage appliances...stove is a Chambers C-90. Not sure about the frig but you can get the look here...http://bigchill.com
1 Like   September 5, 2012 at 10:19AM
roxy0334
Very Helpful, Thank You
0 Likes   September 21, 2012 at 6:30PM
squirrels2
What brand is the stove hood? We have a Wedgewood stove & we want to do a hood w/ cabinets above like this kitchen. Love your kitchen!!
0 Likes   March 11, 2014 at 12:11PM
auntbee539
@ squirrels2 - My husband and I are just finishing a remodel on our kitchen which also features a Wedgewood (1952) and I searched and searched for a hood that would compliment "Betty" without stealing her show. I ended up buying a Vent_A_Hood, model #CLH9 Classic from www.goedeckers.com. We just had it installed yesterday, and I love it, it's perfect! We haven't finished the tile yet but here's a picture of our Betty:
2 Likes   June 14, 2014 at 8:32PM
squirrels2
@ auntbee539 - Thank you for your pictures & info. We have almost the exact stove as you! Ours is also a 1952 but has a few minor differences. The Vent-a-Hood that you have is the one that I would LOVE to get but it's a bit steep & I haven't been able talk my husband into it. So, I'm searching for an alternative that would still look good. Looking closer at the houzz picture, it actually looks as tho their cabinets sit further out above the hood than the rest which gives the range hood less prominence. That just might be what it takes for us, too. BTW.....any tips on getting your chrome shiny clean? We have some build-up that I haven't been able to remove easily. Thanks again! :o)
0 Likes   June 15, 2014 at 4:50PM
auntbee539
@ sqirrels2 - my original plan was to install an under cabinet hood that would be covered by wood to match the cabinets. Like the photo below. To save on the cost, you wouldn't have to make your's as elaborate. The vents that are hidden like this are much cheaper too. As for the chrome; we cheated! We had our's re-chromed which was also pricey. Our stove was pitted with rust but if you just have scratches, I say embrace them! These girls are work horses and have earned everyone one of those scratches, just think of the thousands of meals prepared on them!
1 Like   June 15, 2014 at 6:33PM
squirrels2
@ auntbee539 - This is what I also wanted to do & is my favorite way to install the hood. Unfortunately, we have a smaller kitchen & we couldn't sacrifice the cabinet space. I really do love this look, tho. Whatever we do will look great. I'm fortunate in that my husband is able to do pretty much anything when it comes to fixing/remodeling so I can have him make tweaks to make just about anything look great. I'll save all my "wants" that are not going to work in this remodel for our future home! I also love our Wedgewood! We had ours semi-restored approx 10 yrs ago. Over time I haven't been able to fully remove some of the build-up & now I'm trying to find just the right thing to stay on top of it. I do love to think of all the families & many meals that came b/f us (like you said). Plus, It's just a really beautiful stove & is solid! Thanks again for all your ideas!
1 Like   June 17, 2014 at 10:57PM