Guest house
stel123
September 4, 2012 in Photo Questions
I live in Mt. Pleasant SC and want to build a new home with guest house for my aging parents. This looks perfect because it matches the main home, but for us their has to be another garage attached to the home with easy exit from both homes. Do you have any other plans like this where the guest home and main home have separated parking? Could this work on lot approximately 1/2 acre?
Echo Mistwalker
Make sure anything you do can be used with a wheel chair...ie bathroom doors, hallways, etc. They may not use one yet but it might be handy in the future and keep them with you at home longer. Make friends with an ambulance driver to check gurney clearances. That is one of their biggest gripes.
September 4, 2012 at 8:38am     
aword
before you bother to buy a plan check your locale building dept to see how much impervious surfaces your allow on your 1/2 acre lot. May not be a issue in your state would be in mine Washington. Here what we did but we have a large shop as well. The above post is right. We have steep stairs and you might want a elevator and think door clearances.
September 4, 2012 at 9:01am   
Cole Design Studio, LLC
I do have a few plans with a guest house on one wing and garage on another. Please feel free to send me an e-mail or call. If I can get the diminsions of your lot I could tell you which plans may work. My website is www.TheHomeDesignCompany.com if you need more info on how to contact us. Thanks for your question.
September 4, 2012 at 11:55am     
Cole Design Studio, LLC
STEL123 - http://www.thehomedesigncompany.com/plan_book/page_7/oldfieldretreatI.html - Here is a link to another of my plans with a separate guest house. I have another similar with the guest house connected by a porch (breezeway) to the main house. Let me know if either interest you. I would love to help you with your design dilemma. We have designed a couple of homes recently in the Mt. Pleasant area. Have a great weekend.
September 7, 2012 at 5:56am   
Please help me design my barren conference room. .
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites....
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Shall I buy a white leather sofa???
Hi there! Is it true they don't last long and they...
I need help with bedroom art
So although I thought I was totally done decorating...