Painting beadboard

jmarsellSeptember 5, 2012
need some advise on paint sheen for painting beadboard ceiling and walls, We will be using a pure white for the ceiling and a pale off-white shade for the beadboard walls, but am wondering if I should be using a semi-gloss or flat?
Normally semi-gloss is not for the ceiling, it's for kitchens and baths. Areas that get wet/dirty more often. I would probably put semi-gloss on my beadboard just to make sure it "stands out".
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:11PM
jmarsell
thanks, I think the semi-gloss on the beadboard will tie into the semi-gloss trim around the doors and window and look "built in " vs just walls. Think that will work?
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:27PM
In my opinion, yes, the beadboard and trim will look good matching. And you'll probably have a chair rail, or top piece on the beadboard, and since that's "trim" it should be semi-gloss, too. Post a pic when you're done, please? It's something I've been considering for my bedroom and I'd love to see a finished project. Especially since I have a multitude of unfinished ones!
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:30PM
jmarsell
We are starting from scratch in the loft area for a guest room / office area, here's the before shot of the end that I envision a large closet area in the gable end with large barn style sliding doors. We have chosen hardwood flooring in a driftwood/barn board pale gray. In the main room we will be using the beadboard on the walls (and slanted ceiling) and tongue and groove plank ceiling. Landscaping was finished last weekend, so hoping to get inside this month. Eager to get it all done.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:37PM
I can certainly understand "eager to get it all done"! Sounds beautiful, can't wait to see the after pics!
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:55PM
Bought house last week. Need the charm turned up! Advice, suggestions appreciated!
Thank you for the earlier comments regarding undermount...
sarinapate
To paint or not paint beadboard....
Hi - we bought a small 80's coastal cottage that needs...
oceanfamily
Need good white paint color
Need a good white color to paint beadboard and cabinets...
crcrites
Old Farmhouse kitchen reno...
Hi, We are just starting a downstairs kitchen and...
sphald
Looking for ideas for my fireplace area
Since the fireplace is a focal point in my main living...
Suzie Given
Colored ceiling in all white bath?
We have until Monday to decide how to paint this room....
domesticimpostor
kitchen layout
right now sink is on wall next to fridge and the stove/oven...
mommyshanti
Redesigning Kitchen
Can I do away with my breakfast table and place my...
psk72
I need help with my curtains
I picked a brown sheer curtain as well as brown block...
israel18