Painting beadboard

jmarsellSeptember 5, 2012
need some advise on paint sheen for painting beadboard ceiling and walls, We will be using a pure white for the ceiling and a pale off-white shade for the beadboard walls, but am wondering if I should be using a semi-gloss or flat?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
Normally semi-gloss is not for the ceiling, it's for kitchens and baths. Areas that get wet/dirty more often. I would probably put semi-gloss on my beadboard just to make sure it "stands out".
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:11PM
jmarsell
thanks, I think the semi-gloss on the beadboard will tie into the semi-gloss trim around the doors and window and look "built in " vs just walls. Think that will work?
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:27PM
charleee
In my opinion, yes, the beadboard and trim will look good matching. And you'll probably have a chair rail, or top piece on the beadboard, and since that's "trim" it should be semi-gloss, too. Post a pic when you're done, please? It's something I've been considering for my bedroom and I'd love to see a finished project. Especially since I have a multitude of unfinished ones!
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:30PM
jmarsell
We are starting from scratch in the loft area for a guest room / office area, here's the before shot of the end that I envision a large closet area in the gable end with large barn style sliding doors. We have chosen hardwood flooring in a driftwood/barn board pale gray. In the main room we will be using the beadboard on the walls (and slanted ceiling) and tongue and groove plank ceiling. Landscaping was finished last weekend, so hoping to get inside this month. Eager to get it all done.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:37PM
charleee
I can certainly understand "eager to get it all done"! Sounds beautiful, can't wait to see the after pics!
    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:55PM