Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pennyproud76

What do you think of this bedding collection of colors brown and orange?

Brandy
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I am thinking about purchasing this bedding collection for the master bedroom. The colors are mainly brown and orange, and they are more vibrant than shown in the picture.
What do you all think of it? Is it pretty or not?

Comments (40)

• Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I just wanted to see what others thought of it. The set is kind of an odd color scheme that I've never seen before, and I do like it, but I wanted to know what others thought of it.
  • tinashouse
    11 years ago
    I think it looks very dated, I love flower patterns but it reminds me of Dallas in the 80s. Sorry but you did ask. If you are asking you cant be sure.
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
    Live life Brandy or you may require Brandy ! lol ; Live your life .
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the comments.
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    Brandy, I love it! I think it's gorgeous. A few too many throw pillows for my patience, but I would buy that in a heartbeat!
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Bobbi :)
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    You're welcome, Brandy, I hope you buy it! (And, where did you find it, I like it enough to check it out in person!)
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks again Bobbi. I first saw it at Bewley's Furniture, and I've seen it on several websites. The set is by Michael Amini and it's called "Grand Fleur".
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    Thank you!
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    You're welcome :)
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    This is a better pic of the set.
  • cindyhamlett
    11 years ago
    Pretty!
  • morr
    11 years ago
    it's gorgeous, just one comment: everything else in the room should be lighter in colour, drapperies in a cream and a rug in a cream color would be nice, otherwise the room will be too dark.
  • Nancy Hehmann
    11 years ago
    I think if you are concerned about what is current - I am hearing more and more people going for burnt oranges etc even on their doors. You are the one who has to love it! Now, if you are staging your house to sell then you need to take a poll b/c what you stage with has to be loved by the masses and not yourself (that is one of the principles of "designed to sell". But one question I have is do you share your home b/c if you don't live alone, I would check with that person.
  • PRO
    PH Interiors, LLC
    11 years ago
    I'm not sure I agree with Morr (sorry!). These colors convey a very warm and cozy tone which I think you need to continue in your wall, drapery and rug colors. If you wanted a light and airy room, you wouldn't have chosen this set. See how the pic walls plays off the grey/taupe with warm wood finishes. Accents in cream and burnt orange would add pop but still play nicely.
  • morr
    11 years ago
    Please dont be sorry, it's ok to share difference of opinion. This is why we are all unique, the beautiful part of all of this, is we can share ideas without conflict;
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the comments :)
  • nasmijati
    11 years ago
    Hi Brandy, I like your choice!
    Make sure you have adequate lighting at night (not fluorescent, but more clear; 100 watts or more) to show the bedding to its best advantage.
    Sweet dreams.
    11 years ago
    Brandy, I think it is beautiful. I think the people who don't like it probably like the modern, less glamourous stuff you see EVERWHERE now that is beautiful, yet a bit cold and not warm or welcoming for everday "living"... besides, you live there and you must surround yourself with what you love and what makes you happy. Trends change so quickly what is in today, will be out tomorrow.
    I have walls a little lighter than those in your picture, and suggest you go a lighter hue unless you have great light ing and light sources.
  • larryhinkle
    11 years ago
    Thats actually my color scheme for the bedroom! I find it very versitale. You also have to keep in mind that they have thrown every piece they have in the picture and used very dowdy furniture. It could look clean and more modern as well.

I say pick things you want/like regardless of trends.

Others may not agree but to me brown IS a neutral. Depending on your wall color and accessories different colors in the bedding will pop
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks everyone ;)
  • lionnessone
    11 years ago
    Brandy, your second guessing yourself. If you love it go for it. Remember; you can change your bedding with every season. To me this says "FALL". So make sure it's truly what your looking for in bedding. :)
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Yes, it says "fall", but I want to decorate the room in a manner that is not "fall". I don't plan on changing the bedding suite anytime soon, and I can't find anything else that I like, other than sets that cost much more than I want to spend. Orange/chocolate can say "fall", but I don't want to decorate the room in "fall" decor.
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    Brandy, is the comforter reversible? It looks like a pretty heavy weight comforter; in the spring and summer can you substitue a solid peach or apricot comforter that would still coordinate with the rest of the bedding?
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I don't think it's reversible, but when me and my husband sleep we can fold the comforter down or either just take it off of the bed.
  • nasmijati
    11 years ago
    Check to see if the comforter is reversible. If it is, and you like the reverse side, that will give you an option for a change without having to spend any money.
    If it is reversible, you can ask for specific colors of pillow covers that will compliment that side for holiday gifts.
  • PRO
    Sage Lane Realty
    11 years ago
    Please do get what you love for your master bedroom. It's not like the living room where company will see it; it's mostly a private space just for you & your husband. I agree with the input to lighten it up with creamier, rather than darker, accents. I would carry that to the master bath as well with cream colored towels and maybe just some light celery or very light orange to add a little color.
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    Lanie, I totally agree with you! Again!
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the input everyone. It has really helped me a lot. :)
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    I think it's really pretty! Having said that, I think I love this now, but next year I may have tired of this. Look around some more and say..this is perfect!
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Darzy. I've looked around a lot and I can't find anything else that I like as well. Other sets I've seen that I like but they cost a lot more than I want to spend. I don't want to spend $2000 just for a comforter.
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    last comment,...how about 'for now get a white feather/comforter and a bedskirt until you find the bedding you like? you can get the orange color in the sheets/throw for a white to see if you love the colors for extented period. You will always use feather comforter in winter..they are awesome!
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    ouch..2k for comforter! I've found it's cheaper to buy a new set than to get my old one dry cleaned! If you look at this and say "It's Perfect..." get it for sure!
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I really like this set and if I get it I plan on keeping it for years. It costs too much to change in a year or two. And like I said, the other ones that I've seen that I like are too expensive.
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    Slam dunk! Get this pretty set. I love it too.
  • Brandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I most likely will. Thanks!
  • lionnessone
    11 years ago
    I can't wait to see the finnished room. :)
  • PRO
    MAKOKI DECOR COLLECTION
    6 years ago

To be honest, it's too busy. Less is more.

• felizlady
    6 years ago
    Buy what you like. Just remember that you will remove the pillows every night and put them back every morning....don't use quite so many.