actual L shaped 50's kitchen
dfri57
The image attached is not to scale but approximates, the gray areas is how it is currently, the kitchen is similar to a 1 or 3 step kitchen, very small, I am 6 foot, and feel a little crowded, I am looking to open it up, in the upper part, right now there are several cubbords over the counters, but at the same time keep most of the storage area, possibly take out part of a wall by the sunroom before the sunroom starts where the dining room is. Where the table currently is I would like to put in a nook. Currently the house has early 70's formica cubboards, and refrig and range. I am looking for some more modern style kitchen, possibly with an italian feel. The house is an 50's brick ranch style home. I am looking to replace the flooring as well possible slate or some sort, throughout the kitchen and dining area, the living room I am thinking hard wood. I am looking at possible tones of burgundy and olive green. but open for any ideas.
You may be able to make more efficient use of the space by putting a banquette where the dining table currently is.

Have you thought about incorporating the sunroom into the kitchen space? Would love to see photos of the existing rooms.
September 10, 2012 at 10:27AM     
Hi, if you are looking for an alternative option you can contact me: info@dytecture.ca
September 10, 2012 at 10:38AM   
dfri57
the banquette idea is something to take in huge consideration, curious... tell me, what is the difference between a banquette and nook? Is it bigger built in? The sunroom I think would be difficult to turn into kitchen space reason is, is there is a brick wall between the two, and the sunroom is all vinyl. but the wall after the window facing the sunroom toward the hallway may be deleted, which we are thinking about doing.
September 10, 2012 at 11:52AM   
Over the toilet cabinet??? Good or bad design???
Over the toilet cabinet good or bad design? Is it out...
Need help with my family room
Hi, My daughter is a dancer and we do not have a dance...
Kitchen ideals
What could I do to update this kitchen?
Kitchen Update Help!
We just purchased a home and love it! The only thing...
Curtains and roman shades
Hello. First off, we like and want window coverings,...