Pool house in progress...
Jillian Collings
New inground pool, cobalt blue with grey stamped concrete. Will have a wood wind barrier from the fields to the right of the picture, All other fencing will be high gloss black stepped panels with a large double curved rail gate to the left of the pool house picture. We want a bar just in front of the pump...and I'd love your ideas.....Small space but hundreds of ideas!
Great project! I would LOVE to have a pool house / bar.

Here's a few of my favorites:

Outdoor oasis

Complete Outdoor Design/Build

Randall Mars
September 7, 2012 at 3:14PM     
I don't know what you mean by "small space". Is it the building in the photo? Or elsewhere? What is fencing made of high gloss black stepped panels? Is that the pump in the photo? Can you give the dimensions of the bar area please?
September 7, 2012 at 6:49PM   
Lisa Wallace
Not sure if you've ever had a pool but I'm not sure putting a bar infront of the pool pump is a good idea! It can be very loud when on - which is often. Most people (us included) go to great lengths to put it in an area which is out of sight and where it can't be heard. We have a "top of the line" pump system and it's still quite loud. I'd recommend putting a well insulated wall in between the pump and where you plan on putting the bar area...
September 9, 2012 at 10:05AM   
rayme
You may want to tape of grout lines and stain concrete to look like flagstone. That's what I did. Even though the back field is pretty, I would like to see continuity in the walls. Maybe one wall on the other side. As for the pump, a block wall up to 4 feet with a shelve on top for pots maybe. You could stucco it.
September 9, 2012 at 10:48AM     
rayme
I forgot to add my concrete flagstone picture.
September 9, 2012 at 10:51AM   
Donna Lucas
For get where the pool pump is run a water fall for pleasant sound or run it when no one is in the pool or just the lessor amount all the time it's a design issue to what do you want from the pool besides look and dip. I like the water falls to mask other sounds but if quiet is the desired ambiance run the pumps when no one will be out there.
September 9, 2012 at 4:15PM   
Jillian Collings
Yes true, pump is there to stay...but I do like her thinking about the loudness...Didn't even think of that. The music will probably be louder so I'm not too concerned, at the moment. Putting a barrier will hopefully soften the noise, so thank you for your idea!
The frame is about 8X10. Ideally, I'd love to winterize it so it could be a tiny home away from home. But remember, I live in the Great White North. I'll be digging for days just to get to it.
September 9, 2012 at 5:02PM   
Lanie Brown, REALTOR®, Martha Turner Sotheby's
If the plumbing is an option, an outdoor shower/WC is a nice addition for a pool area.
September 10, 2012 at 6:38AM   
alicefaz
This is a picture of our cabana (pool house).....my husband built the whole thing....the ultimate handy man......and our pool pump and filter and chemicals are all inside the bar. There are three large wooden doors on the unseen side of the bar which I painted with bright tropical scenes of foliage and birds.
September 11, 2012 at 10:04AM   
trying to find a backsplash/house in progress of remodeling
I'm in the process of remodeling and here are some...
NEW HOUSE Remodel In Progress
We are remodeling our home slowly but surely.... Feedback...
Progress on the little "Up North" house....sort of....
We are slowly making progress on the vacation/retirement...
Love the pool house!! What kind of wood is it? and size of pool house?
Any winter treating (sealing etc) done for winter protection...
Love pool design. What is the distance from house across pool to wall?
We have a very small yard with a similar yard set up....
Help, my kitchen needs a face lift!
Ideas on how to work with tile as a counter top and...
Do you still have an esky, or do you miss the old chilly bin?
They were an Aussie institution years ago but now,...
Super small bed room
Super small space. excuse the mess. storage has been...
Need Help with Backyard!!! To much concrete and needs privacy!!
Hello! We love the size of our backyard, but it's so...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...