Need help with den
nancyjSeptember 9, 2012
Den was a former bedroom so it's long-ish and narrow. We live at the beach and I like light/bright, so am thinking of adding horizontal plank wood to walls to add coastal vibe. I'm struggling on a coffee table choice that is narrow (28"-30"), beachy & kid friendly, and also need pillows for the sofa that coordinate with rug and chairs. I'd like to introduce another color (red or orange?) so I don't go overboard with the blue/white scheme. The coffee table I keep going back to is the Bungalow 5 parsons grasscloth table, but not sure if it will make the room too modern looking for my home. I'm attaching photos of room & my inspiration photos. Suggestions for a coffee table & pillows please! Btw, the Joan Miro print is going away so ignore that!
michigammemom
Love your chair and love your rug. The coffee table would also be perfect with a more rustic, sunwashed and planked top. For me the element that does not fit with your beach location and decor is the contemporary leather sofa. I would suggest a slip covered neutral sofa and I would keep the Miro print for it's lively color.
    Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 11:51AM
nancyj
Thanks for your input and the gorgeous photo. Yes, I agree the leather sofa throws off the room. Unfortunately I just bought it and spent a lot (Rest Hardware) so it is likely a keeper. I'm already having a problem with my kids getting sand on the leather so it may be a bigger problem going forward. In any event, any way to keep the sofa and get the look I'm pursuing? thanks.
    Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 12:03PM
need help for den/kitchen
We have a large kitchen bar that has much needed overhead...
Donna
Need help making my den POP.
My den needs a new look. I am taking the TV off the...
smbrinson
Need help in den
Where do the chairs come from?
momma249
Need help,for den
Want to,get rid of TV/bookcase unit. Replace with...
judicornette
Need help for my Den
carpeted 11 x 13 den, need home office / extra bedroom...
J E
is soapstone practical for a kitchen counter top?
searching for new kitchen counter tops.
gficklen
Bedroom Decision
I am working on a guest bedroom. I have ordered a...
amcox_us
Help with dining room?
New construction this is a phot of our dining room,...
bailey510
Please help with landscaping
I'm really new at this and need suggestions for our...
Meghen Stover
need help picking a color
I have gray base boards and door molding, which I like....
lsdomanico