Need help with den
nancyjSeptember 9, 2012
Den was a former bedroom so it's long-ish and narrow. We live at the beach and I like light/bright, so am thinking of adding horizontal plank wood to walls to add coastal vibe. I'm struggling on a coffee table choice that is narrow (28"-30"), beachy & kid friendly, and also need pillows for the sofa that coordinate with rug and chairs. I'd like to introduce another color (red or orange?) so I don't go overboard with the blue/white scheme. The coffee table I keep going back to is the Bungalow 5 parsons grasscloth table, but not sure if it will make the room too modern looking for my home. I'm attaching photos of room & my inspiration photos. Suggestions for a coffee table & pillows please! Btw, the Joan Miro print is going away so ignore that!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michigammemom
Love your chair and love your rug. The coffee table would also be perfect with a more rustic, sunwashed and planked top. For me the element that does not fit with your beach location and decor is the contemporary leather sofa. I would suggest a slip covered neutral sofa and I would keep the Miro print for it's lively color.
    Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 11:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancyj
Thanks for your input and the gorgeous photo. Yes, I agree the leather sofa throws off the room. Unfortunately I just bought it and spent a lot (Rest Hardware) so it is likely a keeper. I'm already having a problem with my kids getting sand on the leather so it may be a bigger problem going forward. In any event, any way to keep the sofa and get the look I'm pursuing? thanks.
    Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 12:03PM