Copper vanity top
zzzzzzz
Trying to plan powder room remodel. It's a small room so vanity is 24". I had originally thought a vessel sink would be nice, but worry about vessels trending out. I'm redoing other bathrooms as well and am getting decision fatigue with respect to sink and countertop choices.

Does anyone have experience with copper vanity tops such as the Native Trails Sedona? I like the look, at least in the pictures. I'm big on low maintenance so I'm interested in upkeep details. What are the downsides of this type of integrated vanity top in copper versus an undermount sink with granite or quartz counter versus something like the Kohler Iron Impressions?

Any insights would be welcome.
Native Trails
Hi there! We appreciate your question and hope we can answer your questions about copper upkeep.

If you choose copper, you'll find it is amazingly easy to maintain. For basic cleaning simply use a mild soap and warm water. And with the Sedona integrated top and sink, there's only one surface to keep clean - no seams or caulk involved. We recommend you keep the Sedona clean and dry by wiping it down regularly with a soft cloth. Whitening toothpaste or acidic items should be wiped off as soon as possible, as they can affect the patina; however, copper is a living metal, and will heal and re-patina, often within a few days. That's something that you won't get from granite or quartz - copper is ever changing and no two pieces are alike. An added bonus, uncoated copper has remarkable antimicrobial properties which destroy hazardous bacteria within hours!

For more information on copper care and maintenance, please visit our website: http://www.nativetrails.net/cm/downloads/care_maintenance.html
1 Like   September 13, 2012 at 11:29AM
PoshHaus
ZZZZZZZ not all copper is created equally. Native Trails makes an EXCELLENT product!
1 Like   September 13, 2012 at 3:25PM
zzzzzzz
Which faucet finishes coordinate with copper? I prefer contemporary styles and I'm finding very limited choices in oil-rubbed bronze. Which finishes do you recommend?
0 Likes   September 17, 2012 at 5:34PM
PoshHaus
Oil Rubbed Bronze works, or Antique Cooper. Depends on the dacor'
0 Likes   September 17, 2012 at 6:14PM
PoshHaus
0 Likes   September 17, 2012 at 6:16PM
zzzzzzz
OK, next question is what color toilet goes in a powder room with a copper vanity/sink?
0 Likes   September 20, 2012 at 3:36PM
nasmijati
I would tend to go with a clean white for the actual toilet bowl.

I would have the tank and tank lid painted with a copper glaze of some kind. Other Houzzers will know about this.

I would choose a medium dark wood toilet seat and lid.

The thing to tie them together will be the flooring first, and then the walls.
0 Likes   September 20, 2012 at 3:47PM
Small loft not working
We just moved in and the furniture I had planned to...
kitchen design help
I don't know if i am posting this right. I need help....
Need help finding a bed frame!
So I completely fell in love with these nightstands...
Living room design in progress...
Here's another good example of our interior design...
Need advice on furnishing and decorating a small home
My new home for my two boys (8 &12) & I, is approx....