Need help with whole house interior color
paigewilson5
I'm building a house with lots of natural light. Our contractor has asked us to choose the color that will go on all of the interior walls of the house. The ceiling, trim, and kitchen cabinetry will be Snowbound by Sherwin Williams. I really want to do a gray/beige. I was thinking Revere Pewter at Benjamin Moore, but I'm worried it will be too light. I have to choose soon so I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!
Hi Paige, How fun! I love a nice light greige. I think paint is one of those things that can evolve as you live somewhere. If you pick a more neutral, lighter color that will work with everything, you can choose places to be a little more bold in the house after you live in it and get a feel for the space from that perspective.
September 14, 2012 at 2:09pm   
Revere Pewter is a beautiful color, and isn't usually too light. Can you put a sample up on the walls in the rooms that are most bathed in light? Or aren't they far enough along yet?
Here are a few photos of rooms with Revere Pewter:
J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio
Classic Black and White living room
September 14, 2012 at 2:32pm   
Reverse Pewter has been a popular choice previous Houzz Discussions and there is good reasons. What are you using for floors?
September 14, 2012 at 4:55pm   
paigewilson5
The floors are dark, hand scraped hardwoods. The house is framed and drywall was supposed to go up this week, but you know how those things go, never on time. We are going to Home Depot this weekend and buying pieces of drywall to paint with samples. I painted Revere Pewter on canvas and brought that to the house on Thursday. It was really light, too much so, I need a tad more warmth. I'll try it again on the drywall that we buy. The others that look promising are Northern Cliffs and Thunder, both by Ben Moore. My goal for this whole-house color is to serve as a good starter color as we move room by room changing colors. I want to live in the house a bit before we do individual rooms. Wow, I love Houzz, everyone here is so helpful and thoughtful!
September 14, 2012 at 7:37pm   
hobkim
We to are building I am using mid toned wood look tile. Two designers told me latte, hopsack from Sherwin Williams you might try them.
September 14, 2012 at 7:59pm   
paigewilson5
Took Northern Cliffs on drywall up to the house today...I think I have a winner. A perfect blend of gray and brown.
September 16, 2012 at 9:54pm   
Need help with a whole house color palette (interior)!
My husband and I just bought our first new home together....
I'm building a house with lots of natural light. Our...
"Need help with picking paint colors for a whole house!!"
Me and my fiance renovated a whole house! I have never...
Need help selecting color for the whole house
Hello everyone. I am having a hard time selecting a...
Help! First House, Need Interior Color Help!
I moving into a new house and the interior needs all...
Sherwin Williams Alabaster or Creamy for trim and doors?
Has anyone tried these colors for trim? In your opinion...
exterior question!
I dislike the color of our brick, it is very pink looking-...
Disappointed! No wood in foyer...
Recently had a structural meeting with designer and...
pendant lights over kitchen island.
I have a 105 foot long kitchen island and about to...
Boy room to Teen Dream
Paint, shelf demo and purge purge purge - room is 12...