Entrance way paint color
cgreenhere
any thoughts on a welcoming color for an entrance to a condo- pictures show the two directions - straight into living area or left to bedrooms. i know spindles have to go.
cgreenhere
love the gray -afraid its a bit dark, but definitely could see a lighter tone
September 15, 2012 at 8:41am   
nasmijati
I would keep the color you have now. It is the brightest for the narrow space. You have a nice, bright light fixture.

Keep a tall fresh flower, even a single stem, in a vase on the half moon table so the bloom is reflected in the mirror.
If you cannot afford a fresh flower, put a bowl with a a few pieces of fruit on the Demilune table. Easy to grab on the way out the door in the morning, too!

I would take down the artwork. It "fights" for one's attention with the door opposite.
Keep the bedroom doors closed to keep your guests moving right into the living room. Bedrooms are private spaces.

Take down the spindles and get your guests looking past that half wall and into an inviting space beyond. A comfortable chair, an uncluttered table with a reading lamp, and a "peek" at a quarter or half of something visible from the front door (such as a couch or table) will make guests want to come in and explore.

Look at some of the Houzz pictures for "garden rooms" and "garden pathways" for examples of how to keep people moving forward through a narrow space into a larger space.

The rug in the entry is no doubt good for hiding dirt and keeping the floors of your house clean. To me, it seems dark, heavy, and formal, as if I should wait for further instructions before moving off of the rug. I wonder if another pattern, also good a hiding dirt, and the same length as the one you have now might be more fun.
September 15, 2012 at 4:18pm   
cgreenhere
thank you for your tips- we usually have an orchid on the table by alas it lost its blooms. Funny you mentioned the rug we feel the same way. will check out garden pathways.
September 16, 2012 at 5:48am   
nasmijati
Please post your thoughts and progress photos. :)
September 16, 2012 at 6:35am     
Not sure how the console table is to the entryway, but consider a slightly dark wall color to give some depth to the area.

September 16, 2012 at 6:49am   
anitajoyce
How about a gold or tan color to brighten and warm up the space.
September 16, 2012 at 6:49am   
cyn222
Green, grey or greige come me. Love Palmetto Bluff above (greige tone). Depending on light can work. Dark Blue carpet is outdated to me. If you can, install vinyl wood planks and some throw a beautiful area carpet on top. If look is more modern, skip the carpet all together. I always thought I needed one to anchor the room together and I find it to be more stunning without.
September 16, 2012 at 7:31am   
cgreenhere
we have decided on Benjamin Moore Bunny Gray- Will start painting tomorrow- thanks for all the tips
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4539957263991019&id=74e6cab1f57a115bbc73a508eee6dab9

pictures to come upon completion
September 29, 2012 at 1:56pm   
Stanton Designs-online design services
I would suggest going a little darker then you have now and a little more deep golden. It will compliment your rug colors nicely.
September 29, 2012 at 2:05pm   
cgreenhere
we finally painted= first coat- but truly love it more than I thought i would - thanks for the help- now- rug and lights have to go ( and spindles - but i kind of like them )
October 6, 2012 at 5:04pm   
nasmijati
The color you chose looks nice. If you like the spindles, keep them!
October 6, 2012 at 5:18pm   
cgreenhere
Thank you! who knew color can be so difficult!! sometimes it looks a lil blue- but is actually a good gray! I am so old school- may end up keeping the spindles.
October 6, 2012 at 6:52pm   

Your door needs a striking color.
October 6, 2012 at 7:00pm   
cgreenhere
our hallway is very narrow except by the door- i would be afraid it would make it look even smaller. But i do like the idea Thanks
October 7, 2012 at 7:09am   
cgreenhere
just re looking at this- the door showing down the hall is a bedroom. Front door is the bottom right picture
November 24, 2012 at 8:54am   
random question regarding Buddhist inspired art
Does anyone know of websites or popular store chains...
Help with boring foyer please.
Please share ideas for adding some life to my foyer....
Best Iron?
I find myself AGAIN in need of a new iron after dropping...
Foyer Decor
Hi! I have this nice looking space in the front entryway....
Which Master Bedroom layout would you prefer?
Which layout of the master bedroom would you prefer?...