Need help to choice dark modern cabinets for new kitchem from builder and propertly much wooden floor.
bogusia1
I like dark cabinets . My be chocolate or charcoal- warm ton. Also i would like nice matching wooden floor. What color should i go for? I will have problem with choosing counter top-color- and back splash tiles. what is really new today?
Thank you
You can NEVER go wrong with chocolate. But, I wouldn't have the floor match, I would go with a much lighter color. Too many dark big ticket items will bring the room down.

Countertop is a personal choice, some people love granite and marble, some do not. You need to look around and find something that "sings" to you.

As for the backsplash, personally I like the beautiful glass tiles, and I can't imagine anything easier to keep clean. You can also find meshed sheets of glass and stone mosaic tiles together that are quite stunning.
September 17, 2012 at 3:09am   
bogusia1
Thank you for your suggestion I am still debating between dark or white kitchen cabinets. Specially when i would like dark color floors even in the kitchen. I also like granite counter top with not very big designee.
September 17, 2012 at 4:09pm   
Please allow me to warn you about dark floors! They need CONSTANT cleaning. You can sweep and vacuum and mop til the cows come home, and they still look dirty. This is the voice of experience you are hearing, I've had them before.
September 17, 2012 at 4:12pm   
bogusia1
I know that, but what will be alternative color? Now i have natural wood and looking for change.
September 17, 2012 at 4:19pm   
If you have natural wood now and need a change, go ahead with the dark floors I think they will be beautiful, just high maintenance. But maybe you're not as lazy as I am and it won't bother you! I wish you well.
September 17, 2012 at 4:22pm   
September 17, 2012 at 4:44pm   
Need help - dark color modern cabinet pulls and handles?
Most of the options are stainless, brushed nickel etc. The...
Need help picking cabinet pulls for new modern kitchen.
I am planning natural colored maple frameless cabinets...
need help with floor and cabinet colour choices
We have pine walls with river rock fire place in living...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
Is this lamp suitable for my bedroom?
Can someone please give me advice if the lamp on the...
walk in closet and bath combo
We have a space 12' x 12' and need to make this space...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...