Color in the Kitchen - Which Hue is You?
Houzz Polls
Do you like color in the kitchen? Which accent would you choose?

VOTE for your pick and tell us what you love about it. Bonus for adding a photo with your comment showing the color in *your* kitchen.
Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Black
White
Orange
September 19, 2012 at 5:27pm     
September 19, 2012 at 5:36pm     
inkwitch
Although I'm not fond of yellow, I am fond of a kitchen with so many windows, views, and minimal upper cabinets. The whole space is uncluttered, airy and relaxing. I'd use a different color.
September 19, 2012 at 5:42pm     
Who knew that a kitchen could look so very sophisticated, romantic and inviting!
September 19, 2012 at 6:28pm   
Thomas
AWESOME really like the blue with the silver.
September 19, 2012 at 7:17pm   
olgahoney
No one...sorry. It is not my style at all. I like traditional kitchens...with beige color...
September 19, 2012 at 7:34pm     
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Love orange! The black kitchen would be second.
September 19, 2012 at 7:44pm     
pauladee28
I'm about to install a new kitchen using dark red two-pac with white Kashmir granite & stainless appliances; also a mirrored splashback. I was worried about using red, but really thing the whole look will be very glam...keeping fingers crossed.
September 19, 2012 at 11:36pm     
Sharon Mefford
Right now it's yellow, but I want to change it., probably to taupe. My cabinets are white.
September 20, 2012 at 3:54am     
Of the kitchens shown, the orange and black are my favorites. But those aren't colors I'd ever use in my own kitchen. I love white kitchens with pale aqua accents, gray accents, or some pops of apple green.
September 20, 2012 at 4:10am   
Mae Williams
I Loved the black kitchen. Ironically my kitchen is light and bright with browns.
September 20, 2012 at 3:07pm   
Jamieson
Okay, I've learned my lesson of "trying" to introduce color into my kitchen. The pic. I'm including is the result of a "compromise" after my partner and I did a color elimination of paint chip samples. My "Cranberry Zing" (red) was eliminated, I voted his "Sun KIng"(umm it's yellow!) off the island. We ended up with Pizza Pizza orange (if you live in Canada, you should know what I'm talkin' about!). I suppose I should've been content with the fact that red and yellow make orange...After that experience, I think my taste runs towards black, white or realllly neutral!
September 20, 2012 at 10:20pm     
Jamieson
It just struck me the name of that orange..."Fiesta Orange!" Naturally I just had to accessorize it with those colorful vintage mariachi trivets to the right of the door...ahhhh youth!
September 20, 2012 at 10:30pm   
yvonnecmartin
I choose sage green for the few walls in my kitchen because it was the one color in the rug that complimented the brown, white, and beige in the other public areas of the house. Note: I have darker sage green carpets in the bedrooms and painted the master bath and my dressing room a very similar color to the kitchen. The red is repeated in accents in the dining/family room.
September 20, 2012 at 10:45pm     
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Love orange for it's energy and positive vibes!
September 21, 2012 at 5:23am     
SalvageArtisan
I thought our all grey and white color scheme would be easy to figure out. Never realized how many different "shades of grey" there are, nor how DIFFERENT each would look depending on the lighting / time of day / what it's against.

Im sure you professionals are laughing at me, but SERIOUS this is no funny business!!! We've painted our dining room 2 completely different colors now (not to mention all the different samples) and getting ready to try it the 3rd time (hope its the charm).
September 22, 2012 at 8:02pm     
batesy82
This isn't our kitchen, but it is our inspiration we found on Houzz. Love the vibrant orange as a focal point for the entire kitchen. We plan on doing this with our island.
September 22, 2012 at 9:25pm   
bfoxen
None of the above - I like soft almond / beige. Its warm and inviting, and can lend it's self to any theme, change as you desire with accesories, a plant, flowers canister set, kitchen towels not stuck to one frame of mind.
September 23, 2012 at 6:20am     
thegriers
None of the above. I love shades of tan's & brown's as the basic colors then use a color such as sage green in accessories, window coverings,etc.. to add color. Much easier to live with. I'd get tired off such bold colors and it's easy for me to change my accent color easily.
September 23, 2012 at 6:49am     
bellanell
My kitchen is bright yellow with cobalt blue and light gray tiled floor. I love it's sunny disposition!!! Cabinets are medium oak.....I collect cobalt glass(and actually use it) and it looks great with the yellow.
September 23, 2012 at 6:57am   
dsuzk
Butter cookie yellow. It makes my mouth water.
September 23, 2012 at 7:02am   
pursue
White kitchen with lots of color.
September 23, 2012 at 7:51am   
al527
Of the kitchens above, I like the red and grey combo. but my own kitchen is much more colourful!
September 23, 2012 at 4:00pm     
Chicago ReDesign
I love a clean, white kitchen with pops of color. Better yet... accent pieces can be switched out to change up the color scheme
September 24, 2012 at 6:28am     
lisadh
These kitchens are too modern for me. We have wallpaper in our kitchen that is a neutral background with weathered primaries for sublte pops of color. Love it with our blue countertops!
September 24, 2012 at 6:37am   
mugsy1703
We have just remodeled our kitchen/family room ... combining them into one space. I am a strong believer of neutral bones ... cabinets, flooring, counters, backsplash ... and then adding color with paint, furniture and accessories. My color pallette was dictated by my existing family room furniture as we were not planning to replace that. We are very happy with the results. All we need now is some great lighting and a new dining table and chairs.
September 24, 2012 at 6:53am     
mugsy1703
The family room picture above does not include my new area rug :-)
September 24, 2012 at 7:00am     
forrester
I have a yellow kitchen and would like to tone down the yellow just a bit. I now have much nicer schoolhouse pendants over island.
September 24, 2012 at 7:57am     
cbmc3
My daughter has just bought a new house and is planning to paint her oak kitchen cabinets white on the upper cabinets and black on the lower cabinets. Has anyone else done this and were you pleased with the results?
September 24, 2012 at 8:23am   
pursue
My sister used the Rustoleum product for her oak cabinets and was pleased with the results.
September 24, 2012 at 8:48am   
pursue
Yellows can be difficult colors. I have read to pick a color that has "butter" in the name and it would be a more subdued yellow. I followed that advice for the Benjamin Moore line of paint and it worked out.
September 24, 2012 at 8:51am   
blast2
You can use a combination of colors for example...
September 24, 2012 at 1:24pm   
Faireden
I actually don't like any of them the blue and green are horrible colors for a kitchen, especially that blue and that green. Black and white are not colors and the red is too glossy and the focal point becomes two doors and the orange looks like fast food restaurant orange and it is placed without rhyme or reason and there is no balance. Sorry if I have offended anyone but from a color point of view these are not good examples. The participants kitchens look great!
September 24, 2012 at 1:36pm   
stephanie1114
I love the green it gives out a minty fresh theme
It is great!
September 24, 2012 at 3:52pm   
Sandra Alger, CID, Fresh Ideas by Sandy
I liked the white/ and the green. This is a warm Beachouse by SW
September 24, 2012 at 4:02pm   
Sandra Alger, CID, Fresh Ideas by Sandy
September 24, 2012 at 4:02pm   
olldroo
White is my choice with maybe some gentle colour, I do not like having my eyes blasted open of a morning by vivid colours. I like to wake up to a fresh clean room, sets my mood for the day.
September 25, 2012 at 7:27pm   
momof5x
In regards to colour, I voted for the green. I preferably like an olive green and have had two kitchens in olive greens, present one is in first pic below, but in our own house the walls will have large beige tiles and smaller tiles (splashback ) of various sandy, blues, greens etc. It is presently still being worked on so can't give a full pic as yet.
September 30, 2012 at 11:22am   
rtsystems
I like the green kitchen because it is not too overwhelming, ironically my kitchen is blue, but I do have some green accesories
September 30, 2012 at 11:41am   
Anyone having problems with strand bamboo flooring?
I have a contractor discouraging me going with stranded...
Opened VS Closed Stairs
When it comes to stairs, do you prefer opened or closed...
HELP! Paint colors for kitchen
Hi there. I have attached pictures to our new home...
Outside stoned pillars....how thick
I'm building a house. We have two large stoned pillars...
If you were stuck on a deserted island...
...what 3 home items would you want with you? List...