Wanting a more casual eating area
crystaldawn
I would like to buy a new dining table to create a more casual eating area I'm single so I really don't use the eating area much...I'm thinking I want a recatangle small farm house or reclaimed wood table...my actual usuable space is 10 x 11...I would love to incooperate a reading chair somewhere in the room also...I'm thinking about a banquet or a bench so that I can have extra floor space??? Help any ideas? I'll be selling the exsisting dining furniture (drexel Heritage Postobello(sp?) collection
michigammemom
I love your kitchen and dining space...very tasteful. Your existing table is such a perfect size and shape that I would be inclined to just change out the chairs for a more casual/cottage look. It looks like you would still have space for the reading chair in the corner.
September 20, 2012 at 1:15pm     
I have to agree with michigammemom, your table is perfect, and your sideboard is great also. I think more casual chairs would change everything. Your room is beautifully decorated! Can you find room for a reading chair near the window, it gets so much natural light.
September 20, 2012 at 1:44pm     
anitajoyce
I agree with michigammemom, Nice kitchen and dinning area. great color scheme. Change the chairs or remove the chair covers to let us see what they look like. One question: Are you an interior designer?
September 20, 2012 at 2:57pm     
Love the chair suggested above For more change you might try the sideboard on the opposite wall under the mirror, and just move the single portrait under the other two so they stack. Then add a nice armchair and reading floor lamp to the right of the stack by the kitchen. Great spot to peruse cookbooks in anticipation of preparing a meal.
September 20, 2012 at 3:04pm     
crystaldawn
Thanks everyone for the comments! Maybe I will look at switching out the chairs:) No Anitajoyce I'm not a interior designer, I love to decorate though!
September 20, 2012 at 6:29pm     
Natalie
Hi! Yes, I think a banquette would look beautiful in your space. Perhaps a live edge table--- :)
A nice reading chair and ottoman by the window---Sounds perfect to me! Good Luck... [houzz=English Countryside Home][houzz=Bridge Street Residence Breakfast Nook][houzz=Pleasant Valley][houzz=Live Edge Design]
September 20, 2012 at 6:54pm     
Help for house colors and curb appeal
Hey all! My brother in law and I just took down a pretty...
Is Berber carpeting a mistake if you have cats?
Someone said I shouldn't get Berber carpeting if I...
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
PLEASE HELP Living room design
We have recently bought our first home and need help...
Mantel
I am debating whether or not to paint this dark mantel...