What color grout should I use?
gharris8
I selected a Ann Sacs Arabesque tile in a satin black finish for my kitchen backsplash. I don't know what grout color to use. I was thinking of using a golden tan color to coordinate with my granite countertop. I am afraid that it won't look right. Pictures of my granite, kitchen, and tile are attached. Thanks in advance for your help.
Stanton Designs-online design services
I would suggest getting a grout color as close to the tile color as you can...that is a great tile. If that is just one tile.... set a few together and you will see that if you choose a color grout...other then the tile color... you will see a line running through the shapes. It will be broken up more. I don't know if that is the tile size or each shape is a tile.... but based off the info that is what I suggest.
September 20, 2012 at 3:24pm   
Virgil Carter Fine Art
Satin black tile=black grout. Anything else will create an extremely high value contrast (dark vs. light) that will be distracting and create a "busy" pattern of the grout lines that will attract and hold the eye to the pattern formed by the grout. As an example, just look at the photo above. One doesn't see the tile; one sees the grout pattern. Much too much contrast!
September 20, 2012 at 3:24pm   
Studio NOO Design
You need to keep the shape of your nice tile visible so it means not the same color by contrasting with grout. Gold or yellow won't do, I would go charcoal as you seem to have that color in your granite, or any lighter shade of blueish grey ! Very nice tile by the way !
September 20, 2012 at 3:38pm   
Chanelle M Banghart / Creative Kitchen & Bath
Dark charcoal gray grout- one step lighter than the tile to help tie it in, but enough to show off that BEAUTIFUL shape
September 20, 2012 at 3:44pm   
dcer
That is GORGEOUS tile! I love all of Ann Sack's tiles! Anyway, I definitely agree with a dark bluish/charcoal/grey color grout to tie in with your granite and showcase the tile.
September 20, 2012 at 3:56pm   
Elizabeth Bishop
gray grout
September 20, 2012 at 4:11pm   
gharris8
Most of you recommend using a grout color a shade lighter....grey grout. That is what I will do! Thanks for the advice!
September 20, 2012 at 4:15pm   
Blank slate - Master Suite needs help!
My master is a blank slate. We have the furniture...
In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it...
Our dear Houzz Mark, has created me two new Easter...
Need help to find right rug , coffee tables and ottoman .
Hello, dear houzz designers really need your advice...
POLL: Stained Glass - Love it or Leave it?
Do you love the look of stained glass and have or want...
Your best wallpaper removal tips?
Have you ever tackled the task of removing wallpaper...