Need help with hinges and pulls
lander45
September 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
We will have a rail system between the 2 upper cabinets. If I do a s/s rail can I use darker hinges and pulls? If so what would you recommend? The cabinets are a creamy white and the appliances are s/s.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Turan Designs, Inc.
It really depends on the over look of the kitchen. The rail system is completely utilitarian or decorative as well?
September 23, 2012 at 3:06pm   
lander45
Hi Teri, The rail system is decorative as well as utilitarian. It is a farmhouse style kitchen with creamy face frame cabinets and furniture style lower cabinets, wood floors, wolf 48" range in s/s. I haven't decided if the fridge will be s/s or cabinet style. I really like the oil rubbed bronze with the cream cabinets but not sure i can get the rail to match...does it have too?
September 23, 2012 at 7:19pm   
PRO
Holgan Land Surveying, PC
not sure what a rail system is, but i'm also wondering about what finishes go together. I love the rubbed bronze also, and have somewhat commited to using it on two large overhead pendant lights that hang over an island that separates the kitchen and "sitting" room. I'll include a picture of them here. I haven't purchased new appliances yet, but most likely will get SS, because my cabinets are not being replaced and it will be difficult to get cabinets to match for covering them. I have seen where the refrigerator is covered in a vintage wood cabinet, that looks beautiful, but I'm sure very costly, so I don't think that would be an option for me. I know pottery barn has a very rich looking cabinet hardware that is both rubbed bronze, and wood, but not sure if that would be over doing it. My home is taking on a "coastal" look, which I love. Floors are a porcelain, terricotta. The sink is white, and will be replaced either with SS or another white. If I have SS appliances, can I go with the rubbed bronze? And then do I need to have a rubbed bronze faucet, or can I keep my brushed nickle moen, or would that also have to be bronze. If you could.. could you give me some combinations that would be appropriate. thanks SO much
December 29, 2012 at 3:48pm   
PRO
Holgan Land Surveying, PC
also, as one can see, we have not finished painting . all the light woodwork is new, to replicate the 130 yr. old moulding
December 29, 2012 at 3:54pm