Does my Foyer look Plush ?
Vikrant Sharma Homez
This is my foyer everything in Sterling Silver only the Mirror frame is silver foil and the Elephant God Ganesh Statue,two small low stools and the two Lamps in sterling Silver is it O.T.T ? Or looks makes people green ?
Vikrant Sharma Homez
The Chaise you see in the mirror is to the left where I'v Created a small sitting for two with a small round table all are in Sterling Silver and the right side you can see a elephants back facing the silver swing as my theme is Silver , do I add a table of silver to keep the God Statue as it is in wallnut stain ?
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 11:50AM
For American tastes, I would consider it overdone. But different countries and cultures admire different styles. The more important issue I think is whether you find it beautiful.
7 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 11:51AM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
I have to Love it as I, burnt more than Hundred and fifty thousand dollars plus on the silver only , Do you Like it Carolyn , Honest opinion; will it appeal to you if you were a Guest at my place; Or will you feel this is Display of Lifestyle right from the first step inside ? But isn't that what a home is all about your Status and your Lifestyle ?
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 11:58AM
No, Vikrant, I'm sorry to have to say that I don't like it. However, I respect the fact that you do, and I suspect that in India it is considered quite lovely.
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 12:12PM
astor818
I think it looks great regardless of where it's located. Enjoy!
2 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 12:17PM
despinach
150.000 dollars??? I could buy a whole apartment with that money, not only furniture for my foyer... :-/
3 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 12:32PM
bezzi44
I think Ganesh should have a more prominent place. I feel, from the photo anyway, that it's tucked into a corner.
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 12:33PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Hi Bezzi44, We Tucked it in the corner as I felt It will bless everyone going out , this is the only item not bought its been with the family for over 200 years a Antique now ,
earlier it was in the shrine of our family owned estate and was completely black we took professional help to clean it ; weights about 19.5Kgs , since we have so little time to visit the estate about 25 years back we got him Home with us and we feel blessed having him Home . He is the Hindu God of Wisdom and Good Luck .
May he bless all who want to be blessed !
4 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 12:51PM
houssaon
I like it, but what about some contrasting color? Blue and greens specifically to enhance the wood tone and the silver.

By the way, I am sure this looks more impressive in person. To promote your work, invest in a good photographer.
3 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 12:55PM
michigammemom
Vikrant, Can you explain the purpose of the low stools or tables flanking the mirror? The mirror in itself is so exquisite, I might suggest relocating them.
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 1:07PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Thanks Houssaon ,now any guest who visits , spends at least 10 extra minutes complimenting and admiring the Décor 5Minutes going in and 5 Mins going out ! Btw this photo was clicked by me and I'm just learning photography ;-) ,Lol, you talked of blue and green , how can I incorporate these colours ? walls are panelled and remaining walls have silk . see the image next to the idol's right .
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:10PM
Houssaon suggests color and I agree. When I think India I think color...jewel tones. The word "plush" is synonymous with fabric...yarns, velvets, silks. So, no your room is not plush, but it sure is fabulous. How could you incorporate fabric/color into the room? Is $150,000.00 a typical budget for upscale decorating? Tell us more. This is how we learn.
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 1:13PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Hi michigammemom ,
the low stools are to sit when going out to work , I sit for A Small prayer ,sometime for his Blessings and since I do not have a console & Coffee table is 5' away ,so the second stool comes in handy to keep my cell,ipad,Car keys or Laptop bag etc
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:17PM
furrytoes
Would you consider taking Ganesh out of the corner and placing him on a wooden pedestal in front of the mirror? It would "double" the wisdom and good fortune, and give him a more prominent location. Gorgeous, gorgeous mirror. Do you have a picture of the swing? I'm probably in the minority, but I love the exotic feel of your space.
3 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:23PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Hi Judy, I'v Used little silk panels they are very light coloured ,If uou look closely to the right side of the Ganesh Deity's Idol .
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:30PM
houssaon
How about a lush, plush rug? Or maybe switch out the current monocromatic silk screens for more colorful ones.
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 1:32PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Thanks Furrytoes , will attach tomorrow , so you Know about Ganesha ?
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:32PM
uhoh_busted
The only thing I might change would be the sconce light over Ganesh. I would use something that disappears more into the wall, with sort of a spot facing down on the idol. (and placed higher on the wall). I also love the floors. It is fascinating to see something like this.
2 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:46PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Thanks , even I did not want these Scones on both side but Had no time so in a Hurry I got these scones installed on both sides .
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 1:51PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
@judyg , no Hundred fifty thousand is not very upscale people spend Millions , Have you read about Mukesh Ambanis house in Mumbai,He spent more than 2 Billion Dollars and has 600 servants for a family of Five, but a good percentage of Indians can easily afford what we did without borrowing from the Bank and what I did was In a way Investment as Silver prices are on the rise Internationally .
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 2:15PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Jade , I got my answer since turns you Green ? So if photos have this effect , a visit will definitely give you Heartburn . Lol ;-)
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 9:20PM
Murano Art Glass Australia
Hi

I think this foyer looks absolutely stunning and so evocative of the 18th and 19th century Rococo period. Congratulations and enjoy this exquisite space. Have you considered adding Bespoke lighting to the entrance to enhance this oppulant look?

Dean
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 9:23PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Dean , thanks a Ton , my idea when I did the Makeover was to Create a feel for the Foyer and Living , that you feel you have taken a TIME-MACHINE into a different era of Raja's and Maharaja's , and with your Comment , Getting the feel that I have really achieved that Look , Cheers
0 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 9:48PM
karen paul interiors
Oh my Vikrant. I'm so pleased you share some of yourself with us. Stunningly serene. I would take out the two silver lamps. I would take out the sconce and replace it with a down light on a dimmer to create the reverence for your space. The mirror needs to be several inches higher on the wall. Ganesh need to be approximately two-thirds up on your mirror, so he needs a taller rest. At the moment he is only at one-half. There is something so special about a place that receives prayers and meditation that transmits itself to all who pass through this wonderful area. Thank you so much for sharing.
1 Like   September 23, 2012 at 10:17PM
Wow Great Place
Vikrant, I am truly puzzled by your post.

While I agree, your foyer is quite opulent, and I agree with many of the posts regarding the lighting and the placement of Ganesh and your fabulous Rococo mirror, I am perplexed as to why you have not posted any of your previous work in a "Projects" file so that we can all quietly admire your accomplishments.

Many designers post photos from their own homes, though you are the first person I have seen who has been so eager to brag about your space and tell us what you spent on this foyer, and literally ASK if the space makes us "green" with envy.

In North American culture, very few can afford to spend these sums on a simple foyer, they would spend it on a kitchen addition, a 2-story addition, or even an entire new house!
Yet you seem happy that your post has caused a sense of envy in some, and even a bit of anger in others.

This is what I find puzzling about your post. Instead of creating this in a "Project" file, you have chosen to post your photo in "Discussions" and invite comments about it, and you seem to be quite happy to brag about it.

Isn't one of the complex teachings of Ganesh, the god you have chosen to place in your foyer, that of humility? Even the god of wealth, Kuber, learned his lesson from Ganesh and was forced to be humble before Ganesh would stop "eating him out of house and home"

One of the true measures of a man's success is his ability to remain humble.
10 Likes   September 23, 2012 at 11:18PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Thanks Karen ,I Love you, Even I did not intend to put the two silver lamps there , I have other lamps that I light up twice a day , Why I haven't put the Mirror a little higher is because it was going way above the door to our Foyer
and why I had not shared any work up-to now is once a Client told me sarcastically, that you made it big showing our residence to the world , and you replicated something like our work at another residence, so I told him this is my work and my style,so my touch it will show , in the world of interior design nothing is new , everything in design comes from a Inspiration it could be your project or a palace or even nature , and I look for Inspiration to make my Interiors inviting .
0 Likes   September 24, 2012 at 12:02AM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
@Wow reply to your post.

Thanks for the compliment that you agree my foyer is quite OPULENT ,
Wow read my previous post to Karen ,
I Dare to be different , India has a different view when it comes to spending your money on God and Charities and people we love so we are Extremely Large Hearted , have you seen the Opulence of our Temples ?

Some time back a businessman gifted a ten million dollor Crown to the Deity Vishnu at Balaji Temple the richest temple in the World , another temple is Shri Padmanabh Temple ,recently just last July the vaults were opened and $40 Billion treasure was evaluated in two days So the Govt. did not open the other Vaults, Lord Vishnu is Considered the Head of Hindu Pantheon of Gods ,
Whereas in west a businessman Can gift his Wife or Girlfriend a Ten Million Dollar Diamond Ring but Will think twice in giving to the church or a charity that kind of Money , But there are people like the Great Bill Gates and Melinda Gates , who are doing so much for Humankind by way of their foundations , we believe religion is the food for the soul , some feel materialism is the food for the soul and I respect everybody's view, Carolyn said she did not like it that is when I had to quote that I better like it as it cost me a lot of money ,
India's Opulence does turn people Green ! Lol
Btw I live in Asia and Asians are getting richer day by day due to their Hard work ,
why I posted in discussions is I wanted to see what does the Designer think of my work and what the Houzzers think of the Foyer, And I'm extremely happy , Especially from you , that you know about Lord Kuber as Well or did you just Google it ? Lol ;
I'm happy almost everyone except Caroln knows about Ganesha,And that's Amazing .
0 Likes   September 24, 2012 at 1:08AM
ninjabetic
these posts were to be about design not 'my country is better/richer/more- right-in-its-ways than yours.' I really dont want to learn about people's religions here. Not the right forum. If you have political/non-design comments and need to spread your word (whatever it is), theres a new entity called FACEBOOK you can go to, or try blogging!
2 Likes   September 24, 2012 at 8:39AM
Wow Great Place
Vikrant,
Although irrelevant to this discussion, no, I did not Google Kuber or Ganesha, I actually have some basic knowledge of Buddhism and Hinduism, so I knew that in both religions, humility is extremely important.

I think you may be missing the point of some of the previous posts, in that the comments do not necessarily reflect envy, rather, I think they may reflect sadness, and even pity.
Envy implies that the person wants what you have, and I don't think that is the case.

I saw some of those posts as people expressing concern that you would be so flagrant about wealth, and that is not a trait people equate with humility.

That you need to tell us all how much money you have spent and how you compare your home and the money you spend on it to the money India spends on its' Temples only reinforces the belief that you are not humble, at least in my opinion.

I would truly enjoy seeing your work, and just leave it at that, but to add the comments about money, just seems needless to me.
We all have different gauges of what "expensive" is, but no one needs to be obvious about it, as that is just not an attractive quality. No matter how much you spend.
It's almost like saying "Look, this MUST be beautiful, as it was SO expensive" when one truly has no relation to the other.

I hope you will post more photos to YOUR profile, and not in the Discussions, so the rest of us can see what sort of designs you have been fortunate enough to work on.
We as professionals are lucky enough to work in a field that allows us into people's homes, to help them make their homes into something they will truly love, and then we get to spread the joy to other homeowners by way of this site.
Let's not turn it into a contest of ego.
8 Likes   September 24, 2012 at 8:46AM
thatbritishchap
Wait a minute, I almost fell for this, but I've seen this photo before!!! Haha! wow, nice try Vikrunt, but this photo IS NOT from your home, although I'm sure you wished it was! Its from an Indian restaurant in Fleatown, Ohio, called the "Curry Express" (next to the 7-11)

When did you go there? We were there last year for the 14th Annual Knitting Convention at the Fleatown International Convention Centre. Don't you love this lobby though? We always joked about how tacky it looked, but the restaurant owners are sooo proud of itl! "LOL"!

I can tell from your prior posts and comments that you have a GREAT sense of humour, as you always make it sound like you have no idea what you're talking about! (Not sure why you do that, but it is VERY witty and endearing)

Anyhoots, keep up the good work - we look forward to more of your hilarious posts!

Ciao!
5 Likes   September 24, 2012 at 9:01PM
Beth Morrow
Yes and yes!
0 Likes   September 24, 2012 at 9:25PM
Beth Morrow
Ditto J C
0 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 5:19AM
Wonderfully stated, Britishchap!
0 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 5:47AM
ninjabetic
Brit --loved your tongue in cheek humor. "Vikrant". What's next for you in life? Dating site pretending to be a Lonely housewife? Internet correspondence courses to try and make something of yourself in life?
1 Like   September 25, 2012 at 6:32AM
michigammemom
I appreciate thebritishchap's sparkling wit, but this discussion has gone beyond good natured ribbing at the expense of another houzzer.
2 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 6:38AM
ninjabetic
You're right mich, too bad faulty houzzers can't just be ejected from the site for misrepresentation eh. There is no justice.
0 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 6:45AM
Wow Great Place
Okay everyone, let's not turn this into a mob scene!

While many of us may be a little irked at Vikrant's choice of words in this particular thread, he is still a human being.

We are allowed to "call him out" when we disagree with his point of view, heck we all do that to each other, but there is absolutely no proof that he is a fraud, and I truly don't want this to turn into a "let's all gang up on Vikrant" discussion.

"Thatbritishchap" has a caustic wit, and I howled with laughter when I read the post, but that does NOT mean his post is TRUE!! It just means that someone disagrees with Vikrant's point of view. If you read other posts he has made (thatbritishchap) you will see he has often speared people with his barbs.

I still stand by my wish to see some of Vikrant's work posted on his Profile, as I find it could be a fascinating look at design that we don't get to see often.

Vikrant? Are you coming back?
2 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 7:01AM
Yes, it must be understood thatbritishchap had tongue firmly in cheek in regards to having seen Vikrant's foyer elsewhere. I do not doubt the authenticity of Vikrant's picture of his foyer.
2 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 7:10AM
Suraj Maheshwari
guys check my living room need to finalize it in three days ? sgtart wok and complete it by 4 oct pls. enough of this discussion
0 Likes   September 25, 2012 at 7:17AM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
At the outset let me get a few things straight ,
The Great Father of English Literature Chaucer said : Who that hath an hed of Verre , Fro cast of stones war hym in the verre! Troilus and Criseyde' (1385). for some people Literature may be A Alien Word ,and this will be a Foreign Language , Rephrasing it for people who have said a lot of uncalled for comments other than any Valueable inputs to the Foyer ;it means don't throw stones when you live in a glass house ,

And I would like to thank the Houzz team , for deleting certain posts about India that were irrelevant and were in Bad Taste ;
Houzz has users worldwide , it is a boon to Designers,Architects,Decorators,Home Owners alike but some Idle people are making it like Facebook , just try to make some noise and voice their uncalled for opinion here and there , and Decorating and Good Taste is Alien to them I!

If someone asks a specific Question , the answer should be specific , but I do not see any Camaraderie Here with some jumping into the discussion and posting Nonsense here , people who are even ashamed to show their faces on their profile maybe they live dual lives and could not make anything out of it , but make digs at others achievements , Well Being And Fancy Lifestyles ! Maybe that's one reason they do not have any Lifestyle and don't even have a Identity so they paint their faces black or , add driftwood tables and ......

Apart from that ; In LIFE one attains Riches not by getting green with others wealth and riches or by downplaying achievements of others which they know they might never be able to get close to ever and jealousy makes it worse , it makes sure that the person who is jealous of others has a Hard time always , maybe their lives suck that is the reason they remain Unhappy all their lives with others and their Achievements it does not effect the other , Bible says Rejoice in the Happiness of others , I do not know when is some intelligence going to shower on their dull and rotten Minds ,

Someone said such Opulence is Nauseating ! I'm amazed what lifestyle they like , maybe a real Rotton one !

What do some Ignorant think of the rest of the World , they are oblivious of what happens around in the rest of the World , and how others are Progressing as well , such people who cannot appreciate should not be on Houzz at it attracts worldwide audience , not for someone who thinks He is superior or his country is superior and How many poor live where , First read and then comment, something sensible like a Mature World Citizen ,If you don't have a face how can you voice your opinion Have some Guts to be able to show your face , who are you Hiding from ? Yourselves ?
0 Likes   September 26, 2012 at 12:53PM
karen paul interiors
Vikrant, please waste no more time on this. Time to move on. There will always be negative comments. It's important to ignore some comments and embrace others. After all, this is an education for everyone on Houzz. There is so much to learn about people, their cultures and ideals. It's truly one of the best aspects of Houzz....getting to know your worldwide neighbors. I was in a conversation yesterday and someone said, "Choose the hill you want to die on.". Well, I laughed and decided that certainly paints a clearer picture than "Choose your battles.". I'm not certain that statement has anything to do with this situation, and perhaps it does. Perhaps it puts life's moments into a clear perspective. Back in the saddle, kiddo! :)
3 Likes   September 26, 2012 at 1:20PM
traceyadams
O.T.T. Is my favorite! Be fearless and confident and you won't regret it. Btw- I'm an American lady that was an expat for 15yrs.
1 Like   September 26, 2012 at 1:48PM
karen paul interiors
Some of us love our kids. Some of us love our grown kids. Some of us love design. Some of us love decorating our homes. Some of us spend huge amounts of money on our homes. Some of us donate huge amounts of money to charities. Some of us love to do both. I know very few people with great wealth who do not help others. It's never fair to make assumptions. That's all.
1 Like   September 26, 2012 at 4:32PM
Let's call it a day.

And gladly wolde he lerne, and gladly teche.
Canterbury Tales. Prologue. Line 310.
2 Likes   September 26, 2012 at 5:17PM
Judy Coutts, AIA Architect
The objects are fabulous, it's the lighting that needs to be improved. I suggest the wall sconce above Ganesh be removed and a small pin spot be added to spotlight Ganesh.
1 Like   September 26, 2012 at 5:22PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
@judy coutts ,I will do something for the lighting , as I was in a hurry so Put these scones , will find something by Diwali , THE Hindu festival of the Homecoming of Lord Rama to his Kingdom of Ayodhya
after 14 years of Banishment from his kingdom by his step mother Kekai (who wanted her son to be the crown prince so she sent Lord RAMA (the older prince )To the forest for 14 years and Diwali day is the day when he completed his exile and came back with his wife Goddess Sita to Ayodhya and people of his Kingdom Thousands of Years back celebrated the Homecoming of Lord Rama by lighting the streets and homes at Ayodhya as it was Amawasya Nite(Moonless) , It is also a tale of Victory of Good over Evil , billions of Lamps are lit all over india as a mark of Welcome to the Lord and welcoming Prosperity into their Homes .
1 Like   September 28, 2012 at 5:40AM
stayture
im new to the site, you asked about the silver in your entry way. 1st if you love it that is what counts. I do think its overkill. I would add other textures in the mix so that your favorite pieces of Silver stand out. you have picked such beautiful pieces. As it is they all mix together. Its hard to see any of the pieces, so they are all lost. I suggest you pick 3 of your favorite and have them be your focal points. The mirror is beautiful I would add wood stools below. Use the silver stools as a complimentary focal pint leading to another room. Keep the wood table that the Statue is on that looks great. Mixing the Textures i believe would warm the space up and make less of a "shrine" feel.
0 Likes   September 28, 2012 at 6:18AM
sondramartina
thatbritishchap "We were there last year for the 14th Annual Knitting Convention at the Fleatown International Convention Centre."

This is hilarious,the whole post from thatbritishchap is hilarious!
I am laughing since Wednesday !
1 Like   September 28, 2012 at 7:19AM
Judy Coutts, AIA Architect
Love the lighting; very creative. Thanks for sharing with me.
1 Like   September 28, 2012 at 7:50AM
ruthmand
Vikrant, I always enjoy your comments and contributions. So it is nice to learn more about you and I appreciate your willingness to reveal more of yourself. I think wether or not people appreciate your lifstyle is not a matter of discussion on this forum. We are here to learn and help each other. You have done that many times and deserve to be respected for it. Personally, I am sorry if you have suffered insults. They are certainly uncalled for.
3 Likes   September 28, 2012 at 8:53AM
ruthmand, nicely said.
0 Likes   September 28, 2012 at 9:13AM
Le Java Woodwork
Looks ok. Nice silverwork. To make it better, change your marmer/granite tiles to full slab, less lines. The wooden background looks like regular wood ply with either laminate or just spray finish in fake redwood color. Change that to a contrasting marble against the flooring (paneling or full wall slab).

Rework your ceiling to a recess or drop ceiling. Then you will get the wow look. Speak to your contractor on it.

Add a dash of baroque style wallpaper near the door with a nice mirror.
1 Like   September 28, 2012 at 9:26AM
juliebhatia
I love the swing in the other room! We are in the market for one for our breakfast nook. My husband is from Gujurat.
0 Likes   September 28, 2012 at 9:58AM
lucindalane
Hi, Vikrant. I always enjoy your comments. As for your foyer, I think that the pieces are lovely, and I love wood surfaces, but I also think that the reddish wood is the wrong background for the silver. If you stick with the wood, I think a darker wood would compliment the silver better.
1 Like   September 28, 2012 at 12:15PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
@Juliano Santos , actually they are slabs , I got them cut , to be made to a size bigger than tiles , here we get 2'x1' size tiles , as the foyer is 15' inwards and the supplier sent the batch of granite I selected at the store in 12' plus size , and I did not want to give a border , so I asked the stone contractor to make the pieces smaller , but will make sure when I do something like this for a client as I'v been told by a client to replicate the same at his House .

@juliebhatia , if you like the swing and would love to have it in your dining , I can assist you with it and the person who sourced it for me will fedex it to you and you can have delivery in a weeks time worldover , please feel free to mail me at vshomez@gmail.com .

@lucindalance, thanks for the input, even I feel that the veneer at the back used for giving final finish to the walls will look better with a Wallnut or Mocha ?
0 Likes   September 28, 2012 at 8:18PM
lucindalane
Vikrant, I think I would try the walnut. I think the Mocha would look good with the silver, but do you think it might blend too much with your flooring? The walnut will keep the wood texture to help with the visual appeal, but a paint will just make the surface appear smooth, like the flooring, it seems to me. Either one would be an improvement, IMO. If you decide to go with the mocha, perhaps a lighter shade would keep it from looking too much like the floor.
1 Like   September 29, 2012 at 1:59AM
Collette Mattingly
Vikrant, my husband is Indian and I've spent time in and around the north. The tastes of the people in the US and India are so vastly and dramatically different that I wouldn't waste your time asking non-Indians what they think UNLESS of course you are going for a look that is anything other than to Indian taste. Thinking of your foyer in the context of other Indian houses I've spent time in, I don't think it's over the top. I quite like it. It's not a look I'd emulate in my American home but is well suited to the intensity of India.
1 Like   November 7, 2012 at 7:18PM
Natalie
Nope-not at all... Just needs a rug---really Fab! http://carpetcleaningfororangecounty.com/rug3.jpg
1 Like   November 7, 2012 at 7:48PM
Deb Reinhart
I have integrated Indian influenced items into several homes.
Your foyer is tasteful..but might need a-little more balance.
The chalice's removed gives more power to the space. They may look better on a surface than on the floor..
If this design is congruent with your energy, and in the space, I think it will feel exceptional to guests.

The key to success is the contrast of Indian artifacts with contemporary or transitional upholstery. Eclectic choices create
Visual excitement.
1 Like   November 7, 2012 at 8:45PM
victorianbungalowranch
I actually like the wood tone contrasted with the silver, very warm and rich. I think the darker tone could look a bit cold.

The candlesticks/chalices on the floor look a bit lost, and maybe a low wood table would be more functional for them and your keys and cellphone, if the mirror was a bit higher.
1 Like   November 7, 2012 at 9:24PM
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi Vikrant, read a few comments here. I love the wood background and I do love ornate silver accessories, it feels void of personality or character. Almost too much of a good thing? I would have incorporate some softness in gorgeous upholstered wingbacks flanking the ornate mirror - the stools are gorgeous, although too small for the heaviness and grandeur of the mirror.
By incorporating a more modern aesthetic in key pieces you will create what I call "tension", Deb refers to it as visual excitement, I call it tension. This in turn stimulates everyone's senses and not just your own, making them pea green with envy ;)
1 Like   November 7, 2012 at 9:59PM
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Btw friends those two pieces with the stools are not Chalices but silver lamps
0 Likes   November 8, 2012 at 11:16PM
beattieboggs
Have just today seen this, Vikrant, One word.......stunning.
1 Like   November 9, 2012 at 12:28AM
How does this light look in my foyer?
My new foyer used to be a porch that we enclosed and...
Janelle Borovitskiy
DOes anyone know of a plush rug that is kid friendly?
I love plush white rugs but afraid to get one with...
Kristi Swain_Krajicek
Reno Cost
Anybody want to guess the cost of a complete Reno?...
Amanda Konersmann
Mobile homes
Why are new mobile homes so dated when tiny homes can...
dallasgraduate
Need Help Deciding on How to Cut Granite
Downsized and bought a smaller home - ranch - yeah....
klekas65
Really need help...
My living room has a very high ceiling and quite dark...
Victor Yum
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker