Beige Blunder!! Need some color in our room.
sarainjeans
September 24, 2012 in Design Dilemma
So our room is incredibly overly neutral right now and I need some ideas to make it interesting. I want to add an accent chair/ottoman in the back left corner, but have no idea what style of chair to do (I like contemporary, which I know doesn't totally fit the furniture, but if there's a way to make the room come off as more contemporary I would love that!). I'd like to change the paint color and add some color with different pillows on the bed. I just don't know what colors would work. I have almost zero creativity and need some help! Thanks:)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
sarainjeans
The bedspread color is hard to see in the picture...it's a creamish color with yellow undertones and it shines a bit, so it almost comes off as looking a little bit gold (barely). The carpet is also a yellow-based color.
September 24, 2012 at 10:44AM   
michigammemom
Here's a room that is quite similar to yours... neutral surfaces and sleigh bed included. I would suggest that you center your bed between the two windows and add some curtain panels to soften up the mini blinds. A pair of dark lamps, some colored throw pillows, a contrasting duvet at the foot of the bed and some art would do wonders for banishing the beige. I would not go too contemporary with a bench or ottoman as this is very traditional furniture. You might consider a nail head trimmed leather piece to coordinate with your headboard.
September 24, 2012 at 11:17AM     
shopperjanny
I am becoming a regular fan of michiganmemom. Take her picture with you and have fun shopping.
September 24, 2012 at 11:40AM   
judianna20

How about a bench at the foot of the bed instead of the ottoman? I think a woodsy green would look great with your furniture. BM peaceful jade 1494 is the Serenity collection.
September 24, 2012 at 11:47AM     
PRO
Quality Bath
Almost any color would go well with this room, that’s the great thing about neutrals. If you are trying to give the room a more contemporary feel then maybe try to incorporate some silvers and grey. you can do dark silver floor length curtains (on a rod), add throw pillows to your bed and maybe change the chandelier to something chrome and chrystal. You can also place a coordinating lamp on each night table. Think of what you already have as a good start and continue from there.
September 24, 2012 at 11:58AM   
zahradanaei
some nice pillows for the bed , long colorful curtains, and addopting the painting color with them
September 24, 2012 at 12:08PM   
September 24, 2012 at 12:08PM   
September 24, 2012 at 12:09PM   
zahradanaei
September 24, 2012 at 12:30PM     
September 24, 2012 at 12:37PM     
sarainjeans
Thank you everyone! All of these pictures really helped me get some good ideas of color palettes I can run with:)
September 24, 2012 at 3:36PM