Beige Blunder!! Need some color in our room.
sarainjeans
So our room is incredibly overly neutral right now and I need some ideas to make it interesting. I want to add an accent chair/ottoman in the back left corner, but have no idea what style of chair to do (I like contemporary, which I know doesn't totally fit the furniture, but if there's a way to make the room come off as more contemporary I would love that!). I'd like to change the paint color and add some color with different pillows on the bed. I just don't know what colors would work. I have almost zero creativity and need some help! Thanks:)
sarainjeans
The bedspread color is hard to see in the picture...it's a creamish color with yellow undertones and it shines a bit, so it almost comes off as looking a little bit gold (barely). The carpet is also a yellow-based color.
September 24, 2012 at 10:44AM   
michigammemom
Here's a room that is quite similar to yours... neutral surfaces and sleigh bed included. I would suggest that you center your bed between the two windows and add some curtain panels to soften up the mini blinds. A pair of dark lamps, some colored throw pillows, a contrasting duvet at the foot of the bed and some art would do wonders for banishing the beige. I would not go too contemporary with a bench or ottoman as this is very traditional furniture. You might consider a nail head trimmed leather piece to coordinate with your headboard.
September 24, 2012 at 11:17AM     
shopperjanny
I am becoming a regular fan of michiganmemom. Take her picture with you and have fun shopping.
September 24, 2012 at 11:40AM   

How about a bench at the foot of the bed instead of the ottoman? I think a woodsy green would look great with your furniture. BM peaceful jade 1494 is the Serenity collection.
September 24, 2012 at 11:47AM     
Quality Bath
Almost any color would go well with this room, that’s the great thing about neutrals. If you are trying to give the room a more contemporary feel then maybe try to incorporate some silvers and grey. you can do dark silver floor length curtains (on a rod), add throw pillows to your bed and maybe change the chandelier to something chrome and chrystal. You can also place a coordinating lamp on each night table. Think of what you already have as a good start and continue from there.
September 24, 2012 at 11:58AM   
zahradanaei
some nice pillows for the bed , long colorful curtains, and addopting the painting color with them
September 24, 2012 at 12:08PM   
September 24, 2012 at 12:08PM   
September 24, 2012 at 12:09PM   
zahradanaei
September 24, 2012 at 12:30PM     
September 24, 2012 at 12:37PM     
sarainjeans
Thank you everyone! All of these pictures really helped me get some good ideas of color palettes I can run with:)
September 24, 2012 at 3:36PM   
Master bath needs some work & our laundry room needs a mudroom added.
Would love to have a 2-person tub in the master bath...
Need some help with ideas for our new living room
We're moving in here later this week and want to try...
Our Bathrooms and Laundry room need some Overhauling!
My Bathroom and Laundry room need help. One Bathroom...
Need some design help for our family room
We have a really nice two story family room with fireplace...
HELP: need advice re medicine cabinets and mirrors
We are doing a new master bedroom suite and will have...
Super small bed room
Super small space. excuse the mess. storage has been...
Need advice for my space
This is a apartment so there are limitation when it...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
Ideas for privacy on a screen porch
Hoping to get ideas for adding privacy to one wall...