Love the color here but why not in my room?
ekaterine
September 24, 2012 in Photo Questions
I have the exact same bed but when I tried a poster board with Accessible Beige from SW it had awful gray-almost-purple undertones and looked terrible in my bedroom. I can't understand why! The carpet is beige with some pink undertones and the whole look was bad, whereas it looks fabulous here! This is why I'm not an interior decorator because colors drive me crazy. What could be wrong?
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
Colors look different indifferent rooms. They can even be I flue cued by what's outside the windows. Get a Sherwin Williams color wheel, find the Accessible Beige, and then pick a different color that's similar but leans away from the tones that you don't like. Be very analytical. I sometimes love a color at one house and can't stand it at another. You just have to play with the color wheel until you find the right shade.
September 24, 2012 at 7:12pm   
ekaterine
Thank you very much ! You are so right and I'm learning that it's not so simple. I am relieved to hear I'm not the only one who find colors look different in different settings. I am working hard now on finding the colors I really want.
September 27, 2012 at 8:45pm   
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
It's worth putting samples on the wall to be sure!
September 28, 2012 at 5:46am     
joannp1229
Now I'm worried! i just told my painter to use this color through out my new build, it's on the lake and we are leaving all the windows unconvered so that the lake is visieble.
September 1, 2013 at 8:33am   
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
Color is very influenced by the surroundings. A color can look great in one spot and horrible in another. Maybe the painter can tweak the color to alter it a little of you can identify what you don't like about it.
September 1, 2013 at 11:11am   
Niches in foyer.
Recently moved in and can't figure out what to do with...
Roof material for roof on coast KZN
What is the best kind of roof to have on the coast,...
Exterior Trim Paint Color
We just purchased a new house. The siding, trim, garage...
Need Help Designing around collection of bikes
We have a total of 10 road bikes that live in our house,...
Your best advice to keep slugs at bay
Few things are as annoying as slugs. They're a gardener's...