Need help on our desire to paint all dove white
nm70568
Hello - Here are a few pictures of our one level home. We have a charcoal roof and a white fence and garage door in white dove. All the windows and doors are in white vinyl. The house has a low slope roof. We are thinking of painting it all white dove and then use tons of beautiful lemon trees, bourgenvilla, roses, oleander trees, etc. Lots of color everywhere. We have california gold slate patios around the house. Are we crazy? I would love your thoughts.
Elise
Lovely classic bones for your home. You have a great opportunity to create a "hacienda" style patio. Don't forget about a water fountain, in the enclosed patio area. Browns, tans, grays and pinks are common for hacienda colors.

Menlo Park Residence

Villa Terra

Mediterranean Classic

A Classical Journey: The Houses of Ken Tate
September 27, 2012 at 3:52PM   
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
NM, you have a perfect idea and start on a "Totally Traditional Carriagehouse" style! Black door, black pots, lush green vegetation...sublime. My personal landscape preference is to place tall plants near tall architecture and be sure to let the front door area really be the attention-getter. So exciting! Best, Insideout Diane
September 27, 2012 at 3:57PM   
nm70568
Yes I agree with your thoughts. However, we have the charcoal roof as it was not steep enough for a clay roof. We need to work with the charcoal roof. Will Dove White be too much?
September 27, 2012 at 3:57PM   
anitajoyce
I think a grey color would look nice on your house also. Since the roof is a charcoal grey and the door is a lovely shade of blue, the grey would compliment the two. The grey is in your brickwork.
September 27, 2012 at 4:24PM   
nm70568
Yes we are considering grey. Also we are thinking of beautiful cedar shingle siding. We live in a neighborhood that is modeled after Newport Beach CA. A few other homes have the cedar shingle siding with the black roofs and lots of white trim and fences.
September 27, 2012 at 4:37PM   
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
OMG like I'm in Newport Beach, what a coincidence : ) I had posted an earlier description but knew it needed photos, here you go:
September 27, 2012 at 5:11PM   
redfrecklelover
I've been in the painting biz for 28 yrs . In my opinion one color on all trim an s windows doors an substrates will wreck the look ... Flip flop colors .. For a wow POW. Darker midtown Gun smoke grey , bush black hue. An bring your trims an windows in even darker ... rongibsonpainting@ yahoo.com
September 27, 2012 at 5:44PM   
ruthmand
I agree with redfreckle above, one color is not a good look. Note both white houses above have black accents such as shutters and window frames and a cottagey look. Your house, with the two pillars in front, calls out for a stucco type color, not cedar shingles nor all white. I would go with one of Elise's suggestions rather than try to turn your house into something it isn't
September 27, 2012 at 6:46PM   
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
Perhaps because I'm right in the Newport Beach area that I can picture our bits of borrowed architectural style allowing you to apply a white and black traditional carriagehouse coastal look to your home. I see that in the very front you already have a white and black fence and arbor--it looks great. Maybe more photos will help, credit to Design In Black and White--a beautiful book.
September 27, 2012 at 7:25PM   
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
More photos:
Most important is that as soon as you arrive home you smile and feel in your element.
September 27, 2012 at 7:32PM   
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
scroll onto photos to see entire image
September 27, 2012 at 7:35PM   
stair kicks and base board design
hi houzzers - need your opinion and suggestions please!...
Need help with kitchen wall tiles
We are building our house and hence have no photos...
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
Have you used Ikea cabinets in your kitchen?
I am smack dab in the middle of a kitchen remodel and...