JUST LOVE THE DESIGN
koalabearqld
September 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
i would like to know how you would charge for the floor plans of this "hobbit house", i am looking at building here in Australia on a very big acreage and this house would suit it very well... is it possible to get the floor plans, i have the pictures here and saved it to my favourites folder... i would love a reply on the price of the floor plans and a price on construction as well! awaiting your reply with the utmost respect
thank you
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
Thank you for the great comments! We are a custom design architecture firm and do not sell our floor plans. This design was very specific to the site and owners needs and requests. We would certainly be happy to work with you on a design in this style that would be appropriate to your property. If you take a look at our website under construction section at the "Tasmania Residence" (http://www.archerbuchanan.com/construction.asp) you will see a house we recently designed for a client that was looking for an architect and much like you loved the design of the hobbit house. We worked with them to design a house that would fit their family needs, their beautiful Tasmania property and within this style. I hope this is helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us directly with any quesitons.
October 10, 2012 at 6:15am     
koalabearqld
thanks so much for answering. i did look at the Tasmanian House. I loved the way you built it up out of the ground and it looked like it naturally belonged there molded to the shape of the land. Absolutely beautiful. i would have loved to have seen the photos of the completed interior. i would like to ask you, if i may?, Do you or would you ever consider custom building a traditional "Japanese House"? my father (d) was a builder and i learnt much by way of construction etc. one of my attributes that has helped in past constructions is that i would draw what i like and how i see it in my head, then i meet with architects and engineers to have it drawn up properly to specifications. The house i have already part drawn will be spectacular when completed and i can see it in my mind, however my greatest challenge is finding the right architect for the job and the right builder to construct the design. where i do really love your "Hobbit Style" especially the one pictured above, i am not the only person that has to live in it and the majority has voted on the Japanese style. The property will also have a series of little "pagoda style" cabins that will be used as craft studios and of course the male of the household has a very unique structure that he requires for all his martial arts training and equipment etc. This will not be a small project, however all of the buildings will be constructed out of light weight materials with the authentic Japanese roof tiles together with the unique wood and cast iron doors for the entrance etc. i do hope that this something we can discuss, and hopefully bring this plan and dream to fruition.
with great admiration for your work
yours sincerely
rey (Koalabearqld)
October 10, 2012 at 6:56am     
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
Rey,

We would be happy to talk with you further. I would encourage you to contact directly one of our partners and architects of the firm, Richard Buchanan at 610-692-9112 or buchanan@archerbuchanan.com. I sent him our conversation so he is aware of our discussions.

Here is some information on a small addition inspired by a Japanese Tea House that we designed for a client which you might find interesting (http://www.archerbuchanan.com/archive_details.asp?projectID=44).

Again thank you for reaching out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Jessica Fogle
jfogle@archerbuchanan.com
October 10, 2012 at 11:46am     
sharra
Can i see the inside of the house ilove your design
December 28, 2012 at 9:59pm   
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
sharra, if you flip through the project linked here, you can see a couple interior photos.

January 4, 2013 at 8:34am   
What color paint for the walls?
What color should I paint the walls? I have a set...
Need help thinking about my windows valance
I'm unsure if we should keep this valance or change...
Paint color for open space rental apartment kitchen walls/cabinets?
I need to paint my dated, ugly rental kitchen. I live...
What's your dream kitchen style?
Minimalist, farmhouse, traditional, rustic... Which...
Living Room Help
I just started putting our more formal living room...