Need help selecting Roof and Shutter colors!
Jaime
We had hail damage and must replace our roof and shutters. Attached is a pic- all input appreciated.

We are looking at IKO for either Weatherwood or Driftwood.

Our brick is Cortez and siding is beige. We have a retaining wall that is similar in color to our brick.

houssaon
I like both of these roof choices, but perhaps the darker Weatherwood better. Not sure though. The Weatherwood has more of a contrast and the Driftwood is softer.

I like the shutter color they show with their house a deeper more blue green than what you have, which will stand out more.

Great looking house and beautiful landscapiing!
September 29, 2012 at 7:49PM     
Jaime
Thanks Houssaon, I keep going back and forth but leaning with you towards Weatherwood. Hubby wants dark gray roof and black shutters- our upstairs is always warmer, so worried about super dark on roof. Decisions, decisions.

The landscaping was a labor of love, my friend helped me and everything is huggable with great texture. ;)

It's amazing how changing one thing will alter (improve- hopefully) the look of entire house!

Thanks again for your input!
September 29, 2012 at 8:41PM   
houssaon
If you are concerned with heat, go with the lighter version. It is attactive too. I was amazed how much their sample house looked like yours with the color and materials. I don't think black would do much to enhance the siding.
September 29, 2012 at 11:27PM     
Roots and Rafters
The shutters would look beautiful against the siding and brick if they were painted navy.

Agree on the Weatherwood roof from an aesthetic standpoint, but if your upstairs is always hot then Driftwood would be the better choice.
September 30, 2012 at 12:51PM   
hailyxo
I like the weatherwood color that was posted. Go with that one!
September 30, 2012 at 4:39PM     
Jaime
I think the weatherwood is the lighter of the two...Is that the one you would go with?
September 30, 2012 at 4:50PM   
sharleeg
I feel the darker look richer and shutters maybe a dark brown/gray. then, of course a bright pop on front door! We also had hail damage and almost everyone in our area had to get roof replaced. TN?
September 30, 2012 at 6:29PM     
Jaime
We are in STL...had bad storms back in April and need to get taken care of. :)
September 30, 2012 at 6:56PM     
Monique Jacqueline Design
Slate could be a beautiful roof color as well. This would allow you to go into deeper-brighter tones as an accent color for the shutters and your front door, if wanted. Roots and Rafters posted four photos, in reviewing the photos, I think that the bottom right photo is very close to the slate. It is beautiful and much easier to work with in regards to having more colour scheme l opportunities.
Cheers!
m.
September 30, 2012 at 10:23PM     
carolie
I swear I've lived in this house - it's uncanny how much it looks like one we renovated a few years ago in California. We took off red canned roofing, installed a mid range slate color. Painted the home a creamy vanilla (looked great with the brick). Did the shutters a deep charcoal, and white accent on facia and posts. Front door was sort of a burgundy to pick up colors in the brick. It looked great.!
October 1, 2012 at 7:51AM     
Jaime
We ordered the weatherwood this morning! Hope it looks good. We are leaning towards a colonial green or musket brown shade of shutter (love the dark charcoal look.) Our door is newer and wood, so we don't plan on changing that out.

You should see our before BEFORE photos when we moved the house! ;)
October 1, 2012 at 9:04AM     
need help on selecting plantation shutter colors
i am looking at installing plantation shutters but...
Lakehouse - need help selecting exterior color/trim/roof materials please!
We will most likely just repaint the siding, but would...
Need help selecting roof paint color
Gambrel roof made of tin scalloped tiles need paint....
Your Opinion
What do you think about this armoire? http://www.houzz.com/photos/16254624/Stonehill-Kitchen-and-Hallway-traditional-hall-houston...
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...
Need help with my living room
Hi , we moved in our new house year ago ,I am still...
Help on ideas for my entryway.
This is a very old farmhouse that has been remodeled....
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...