Need help in master bedroom...
Jaime
We have a small master bedroom that looks over a lake. I want the bed positioned so we can wake up and see the water. However that is not aesthetically pleasing to see when you walk into room?

The flooring is new and we love it. I was thinking of getting a small 4 x 6 white flokati rug for the floor. The bedding is new as well and we will be keeping it.

What would you do with the back impact wall? The is horizontal to the bed?

We are getting rid of the ugly mauve blinds, we could paint the room.

We need a new ceiling fan- was thinking tropical.

Where to put a tv? Wall mount in corner- in front of bed or get a very thin armoire to tuck it in and disguise it?

I think the dresser has to much bulk for the location- but our room is very oddly shaped.

This is where I come to relax... I love input.

Thank you!
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Could you please post a drawing of the room showing dimensions? At first glance, I would say that the position of the bed is not ideal because it's right against the wall. That's not too bad for a single person, but if two people are sleeping in the bed, isn't it an issue? I'd like to find a solution that gives you exactly what you need!
October 2, 2012 at 6:53am     
bonmio
Yes - please post with dimensions and if possible a photo from the window so we can see what is to the left.
October 2, 2012 at 7:44am   
Jaime
It is approx 11 x 12....

You will also find pictures from BEFORE, BEFORE- when we purchased with other furniture arrangement and view of patio door.
October 2, 2012 at 9:03am   
Jaime
after looking at our sale pictures- it makes me want to move the bed to the original configuration- but I want to see the water!!!! ;)
October 2, 2012 at 9:04am     
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Aha! then you should mirror the wall where your headboard is now, and move the bed to the "correct" location. That way you will be able to see your view from bed, and make the room feel huge as well! :)
October 2, 2012 at 9:08am     
Jaime
should I re-purpose the old 5ft mirror out of bathroom? How can you put it on wall without it appearing 80's style. Frame it out? What to do... What to do... Would love an eclectic wall mirror.
October 2, 2012 at 9:41am   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
You could turn it vertically, placing it near the doorway into the room. Frame it with a colourful frame if you want an eclectic look :)
October 2, 2012 at 10:26am   
bonmio
Nice - I like the idea of a mirror. I think a frame would be great, too and it allows you to check out your outfit before you leave for the day. I love what you've done with your floor. Small dressers on each side would be a nice way to have "bedside" tables but still give you space to put your clothing. You could probably sell your dresser and beside table easily - they're nice. Put some under the bed rollout boxes for seasonal storage. Plug-in swing arm lamps on either side of the bed would be a great way to make use of the small space. (My bedroom is the same size so I know how tight it can be!)
Hillgrove Project
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
beverly drive - bedroom

I would suggest painting your trim and closet doors to complement that beautiful dark wood floor. Get a nice rug from Home Decorators collection. Good luck!!
October 2, 2012 at 11:46am   
bonmio
By complementing the wood floor I mean to paint the trim white - it will help the floor stand out and won't compete with the wood color of the floor.
October 2, 2012 at 11:47am   
Jaime
Love all of the suggestions! Especially the sconces or wall mounted lamps.

Def going to do the mirror, think were gonna bite the bullet and get new trim and doors (we have the old holllow doors.)

What color do you think would compliment the floors and bedding?
October 3, 2012 at 5:18am   
Backsplash Help Please
Hello, Does anyone have any good ideas for a backsplash...
Need help with dining room chairs!
Hi! I'm looking for help on picking our my dining room...