Need help selecting a color for formal living room
paula0606
I have a formal living room. I do not want to change anything except the color of the walls and window treatments. Any suggestions?
anitajoyce
A nice tan color would go nicely with your leather sofas and wood furniture. I like the vase of red flowers. I would take the runner off the table because its prettier without it. Leave the vase of flowers and add a couple of big coffee table books. You could get different pillows in solid colors and some with stripes with red or rust, tan and green in them to add more color to the space. you could also change the curtains to a nice tan or rust color or some other color that's in the pillows that you like.
October 2, 2012 at 5:30pm     
Stanton Designs-online design services
I would also suggest a tan color because of your dark finishes. Bring in some sage green and dark reds into window treatments to help warm up your spaces. A stripe for window treatments would compliment your busy pillow pattern nicely.
October 2, 2012 at 5:39pm     
I think curtains in an updated graphic print in a color you like will do the trick.
October 2, 2012 at 11:58pm     
paula0606
Thank you so much for the great advice. The photo does not show the area rug which has a print and colors like burnt orange, maze some sage and brown. So I think I will keep the walls they are tan and change the window treatments to burnt orange and the pillows as well. I thinks solids because of the print on the rugs?
October 3, 2012 at 6:11am   
An odd place for an ugly door, how can I camouflage it?
This door in my master leads onto the hot tub deck,...
Would you use blind/shade/curtain for these window?
If so, what kind and what colour? Any thoughts will...
Cottage kitchen colour quandary
Hello everyone, I"m uploading a photo of newly-installed...