Back splash questions
lilouane
how does back painted glass work? is the glass actually painted on the back and then installed? or is the glass just tinted?. where do you buy such a thing or doe you just paint the glass your self?. In house and home kitchen and baths addition fall 2012 the have a back painted glass back splash, I think that it is painted on the back but my husband thinks it is just sand blasted clear glass. does anyone have a picture example of a sand blasted plain glass one and a painted one?
thanks for your advice.
H&M Glass Hershey
I have supplied glass for the customer to paint but it is very tricky and hit and miss.
Now I use a product called Dreamwalls supplied by Gardner Glass.

October 5, 2012 at 10:39am     
Custom Home Planning Center
Though less color range reflected glass films are more consistent and have professional installers available.
October 5, 2012 at 10:47am   
H&M Glass Hershey
I have done more than a few Dreamwalls jobs and I would think any glass installer would prefer to deal with a permanent backpainted glass than glass with an applied film. There are to many pitfalls associated with plastic films.
October 5, 2012 at 12:34pm     
rereh
Backpainted glass backsplashes can literally be painted on very poorly and then installed, then there are other companies that offer products that have warranties where the glass is painted (usually sprayed on very evenly) and it is cured, the color does not chip off, or fade.. If you live in NY, Manhattan Shade & Glass does custom glass backsplashes with their "GLASSKOTE" product that can be done in any Benjamin Moore color. The are other glass painting techniques such as englomise which are beautifully done glass murals.

With a glass that is sandblasted on 1 side, you'd see the glues used for installs through the glass and more than likely not used. Sandblasting changes the texture... not the color.
October 29, 2012 at 3:16pm   
lilouane
thank you for thta info. I am in canada so I will have to find a place here. do you know if you can have the glass cut out around the light switches etc.. or does it have to be a striaght run?
October 29, 2012 at 3:44pm   
nasmijati
A good glazier can make openings for electrical outlets and to fit around the contour of cabinets.
October 29, 2012 at 3:49pm   
rereh
yes.. if they're professional they should be able to cut holes for outlets, etc... if you're lucky, they can even backcoat and make custom outlet covers to match!
October 29, 2012 at 3:51pm   
lilouane
thanks for your help!
October 29, 2012 at 10:01pm   
Dreamwalls Glass
We offer a dual-coated product for excellent opacity. It's heat-cured for excellent durability. We color match from any paint or color matching specification and ensure it matches with color spectrophotometer. PLUS we offer a warranty to the trade. We try to make the "gold standard" of back painted glass.
April 3, 2013 at 12:02pm     
lilouane
I looked you up, just what I am looking for!
April 4, 2013 at 10:26pm     
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
Need help with Honeycomd shades vs blinds
Hello!! I have few bids from Hunter Douglas for honeycomb...
Ideas for new siding and exterior design
Hating the river rock exterior and we knew we wanted...
Trim on window and doors
We are doing a small Reno and are curious as to what...
Tap water or bottled water?
When you're thirsty, what do you grab - the tap and...