question about tile floor for kitchen. Grout vs. no grout?
drpeggio
is this a purely aesthetic question? Or are there advantages to one over the other??
StoneMar Natural Stone Company LLC
Usually people will grout their tile, unless it is a special mosaic that is groutless. If you are asking about the size of grout lines, it is mostly up to your preference, but a smaller grout line is generally considered easier for maintenance. Most tumbled tile will have to be installed with a wider grout joint to account for differing tile sizes, whereas a straight stone tile or rectified porcelain can be installed almost butted together.
October 3, 2012 at 1:35PM   
ct design studio
I've heard of a "groutless" tile but it's not porcelain, it's some sort of vinyl type material. I have not seen it in person. If you are using traditional tiles, you should grout to close up the gaps. It will in the end be easier to clean and prevent moisture from getting under the tile. There are stain resistant grouts on the market to make it easy for you.
October 3, 2012 at 1:49PM   
The smaller the grout line, the less dirt and gunk can collect in there!
October 3, 2012 at 3:03PM   
14thstreet
We did a high quality 20x20 porcelain tile in one of our bathrooms and the tiles were so perfect that they butted snug against each other as we laid them, which resulted in a very tiny grout line. I love that room the most of all our tiled surfaces.
October 3, 2012 at 3:10PM     
houssaon
The ssmaller the grout line and the better it matches the tile is best in my opinon.
October 3, 2012 at 3:25PM   
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Kitchen
This is a pic of my kitchen floor plan. I want to put...
Tired of people entering our house via the kitchen door
We live in a house built in 1873. The house sits on...
Help for a long master bath
We're remodeling our 1977 contemporary but following...