I really like this work. What size is it, medium, on canvas? and is it oil?
2guys
October 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
I would love to know more about it, and a little bit behind your inspiration for it.
mpoulsom
Hi 2guys, first of all....I am honored that you expressed interest in this piece. It is 24x18, not a big piece. It is one of my few abstract paintings. I usually work in oil, but this one is acrylic. The reason being, I have a granddaughter who is 3 years old. When she comes over she always wants to go into the art room and paint, and we do not use oils when she is around for obvious reasons. I put out some colors one day that I liked combination-wise. I let her do her thing for awhile, which is basically smearing paint around. Put it away and later got it back out. I never waste a canvas. I then just started painting on top of it and decided to do a face. I worked very quickly, because if I don't, I tend to get too detailed. It's very odd that you ask my inspiration for this because to be quite frank, I am usually inspired by beauty or stark contrast in objects (lighting), and the female body. I was actually feeling a little off the day I did this, emotionally, but just went with it and this is what it turned out to be. To me, it is an expression of fear, which is very unlike me generally. But it was so full of emotion and powerful to me, that I really liked the outcome. I was truly driven and could not stop painting once I had started it.
It is a bit darker on the right side than what it photographed as...there was more light hitting it on the right side when i took the picture.
If you are interested in buying it, it is for sale. It is unframed but ready to hang as is. I am doing a show at the end of the month and will be taking it with me unless it is sold before hand. Just let me know before the 30th if you would like to have it. I will gladly ship it and of course would be more than grateful to be a part of your beautiful art collection. :)

Mendi

p.s. the people who have seen this in person think it's peacock feathers a lot of times.
0 Likes   October 4, 2012 at 9:33AM
help with kitchen backsplash
hi, im looking to put in a quartsite(slate) backsplash...
Michael & Christy Eubanks
Lighting in Dining Room
My dining room lighting box is centered with the room,...
dakile
Please help me set up my furniture!
Hello fellow Houzzers! As someone who has always had...
kenheather
height on kitchen light fixture over an island cooktop with seating
Would like to get some advice on what height you could...
Metta S
What style is this home?
Just purchased this home, needs updating .Possible...
Renee Robinson